Atrium noise on the Freedom

storelady

Yes and it goes until about midnight or so. Have been in 9270 and I could hear it laying in bed. Was in 9292 twice and could hear it in the hall but not in the cabin. Stay away from those unless you are up later. No issues during the day that I can recall. They never closed the doors during those times.

Can anyone who has had a cabin near the elevators and atrium on the Freedom tell me if there is a lot of noise that comes up through the atrium opening? Thanks for you input.

We have never heard sounds from the Atrium in our cabins that have been near the elevators.

We've also never heard sounds from Lido on our Lido balcony.

you will hear loud noises from rude people in the hallways yelling to their friends at about 2 am. the atrium is as quiet ater midnight as anywhere else. JMO.

Unfortunately, so true! This has been our experience on every cruise at least a few nights.

I was just on The Freedom from January 6th through March 3rd. It was the absolute best cruise with the best crew (as all Carnival crew are).

I have to say, probably the only negative was how loud the music in the atrium was. To a point that we could never sit down there and enjoy it.

I would say, if you are thinking about a room near the atrium, I would seriously reconsider. I'm happy we were not near it.

Thanks to all who responded to my question. We are a couple of senior ladies who are early to rise and fairly early to bed so I'm going to see if I can change cabins. Our cruise is not until next year so there should still be cabins available.

Thanks again all you cool cruisers

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on our cabin location. I was able to move us up one deck and back closer to the aft elevators. Should be a lot quieter and also less of a walk to the buffet and the aft dining room. We have some mild mobility issues and walking from one end of the ship to the other can be difficult. So glad we were able to change cabins.