Car Rental in Anchorage

Buckeye10640

Looking for a recommendation for a 1 day car rental in Anchorage....preferably downtown as we will be at the Captain Cook. Concerned about the timing of returning the car early evening if the rental agency may close at 5pm. Princess Cruisetour starts the next morning so returning car the following day is not doable. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

With the after hour drop option- YOU have to also be accepting of taking all risk for any damages that are found, prior to check in. There have been reports of "surprise" charges and did happen to me last season as well. Sorry the thinking of you taking photos is useless naive thinking. YOU are the ONLY one responsible until that final check in.

In my case- the "check in" was noted as the next morning- BUT- I had actually, made it just prior to closing and GOT a receipt from an employee that physically checked the car in. Months later I got a "claim" for a damaged windshield and a bill. There was no "defense", until I mentioned, to look at the check in document I had- it still had to be investigated and took over a month to resolve.

Just a warning- of the risks that some seem to ignore and not fully realize. There is NO defense with a late drop. I have always avoided doing this and probably would consider an Anc return myself.

Looking for a recommendation for a 1 day car rental in Anchorage....preferably downtown as we will be at the Captain Cook. Concerned about the timing of returning the car early evening if the rental agency may close at 5pm. Princess Cruisetour starts the next morning so returning car the following day is not doable. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

There's Avis downtown, too.

I will have my camcorder with me and plan on going all over and around showing everything. Hopefully there will be no issue. When I pick the car up, if they say soemthing about me being responsible until the next morning, I may change it to an airport drop-off, and hopefully they won't charge me more. :) We won't be getting back into Anc until later in the day on Saturday, so the airport is the only open location.

You can also opt to return to the airport. It was a $35 charge through Avis. I’m probably misremembering but I think there is a car rental agency located at Cook Hotel.

I agree with returning to a person not drop off. It’s unlikely there will be a problem but if there is it will be hard to contest.

I will have my camcorder with me and plan on going all over and around showing everything. Hopefully there will be no issue. When I pick the car up, if they say soemthing about me being responsible until the next morning, I may change it to an airport drop-off, and hopefully they won't charge me more. :) We won't be getting back into Anc until later in the day on Saturday, so the airport is the only open location.

Again- YOU are responsible for that car until it is checked back in. Your camcorder thinking means- absolutely nothing. IF they find damages- that were NOT noted before you took possession of the car- YOU will be charged for it. No excuses, no "camcorder", no defense.

You can also opt to return to the airport. It was a $35 charge through Avis. I’m probably misremembering but I think there is a car rental agency located at Cook Hotel.

I had been trying to re-book dropping off at the airport and rates were outrageous. I was finally able to modify my existing reservation to just add the $35 fee with no change to my rate. This is Enterprise, Wed 8:30 AM through Sat 10 PM. Worth $35 for peace of mind. Thanks!

I had been trying to re-book dropping off at the airport and rates were outrageous. I was finally able to modify my existing reservation to just add the $35 fee with no change to my rate. This is Enterprise, Wed 8:30 AM through Sat 10 PM. Worth $35 for peace of mind. Thanks!

Glad it worked out! :)