Re: Old San Juan, Puerto Rico Port/Pier

Is there a way to find out what dock/pier will the Veendam be docked at on April 15th?

I’m meeting a friend from San Juan that day

Thanks in advance

Dede

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there a way to find out what dock/pier will the Veendam be docked at on April 15th?

I’m meeting a friend from San Juan that day

Thanks in advance

Dede

Port stop for the day will more than likely be the Old Town pier.

Port stop for the day will more than likely be the Old Town pier.

Thank you .

isn’t there two or three docks/piers In Old San Juan?

Is it actually called Old Town Pier?

Thank you .

isn’t there two or three docks/piers In Old San Juan?

Is it actually called Old Town Pier?

There are two docks that the cruise ships use The Pan American Pier and the Old Town Pier...for your day port stop you will more than likely use the Old Town Pier which is across the street and steps away from Old Town San Juan....very convenient.

There are two docks that the cruise ships use The Pan American Pier and the Old Town Pier...for your day port stop you will more than likely use the Old Town Pier which is across the street and steps away from Old Town San Juan....very convenient.

Great. That’s what I was hoping. Thank you for confirming that info. Appreciate it.

[emoji106]

Great. That’s what I was hoping. Thank you for confirming that info. Appreciate it.

[emoji106]

You're very welcome... hope you enjoy meeting up with your friend.

Just curious....the picture you post with your Cruise Critic name...hard to tell what year your Porsche is?

I have a '69 911s.

Hi again

It’s a 1997 911 993

Iris Blue Metallic.

Last of the air cooled

Yes my friend in San Juan actually is a Porsche Technician and we’re having lunch with him.

I’ve been to San Juan before, actually stayed at the old El Covento in Old San Juan.

So I remember the area but not so much of the piers/Port areas.

Thanks

Dede f036d6c5860d0b7ba41722bcc98dc6dd.jpg

[emoji106]

While it is true that ships making port calls generally dock at the Old San Juan cruise terminal as opposed to the Pan American cruise terminal, the information you've been given is slightly incomplete. There is actually more than one pier at the Old San Juan cruise terminal itself and two or three ships can be docked in Old San Juan at the same time. So when your friend comes to meet you if there's more than one ship in port that day they'll have to visually identify your ship and wait for you at the entrance for the particular pier where your ship is docked. The piers are all adjacent to each other.

Edited by njhorseman

While it is true that ships making port calls generally dock at the Old San Juan cruise terminal as opposed to the Pan American cruise terminal, the information you've been given is slightly incomplete. There is actually more than one pier at the Old San Juan cruise terminal itself and two or three ships can be docked in Old San Juan at the same time. So when your friend comes to meet you if there's more than one ship in port that day they'll have to visually identify your ship and wait for you at the entrance for the particular pier where your ship is docked. The piers are all adjacent to each other.

Thank you. From looking at a map I did see more piers. I think I won’t have a problem meeting up with our friend now.

My next question is where is a good place (restaurant)to have a good lunch. It would be great to find something with a good atmosphere and local Puerto Rico food.

And a place that will take US dollars. Weren’t not wanting to use a credit card.

Thx

Thank you. From looking at a map I did see more piers. I think I won’t have a problem meeting up with our friend now.

My next question is where is a good place (restaurant)to have a good lunch. It would be great to find something with a good atmosphere and local Puerto Rico food.

And a place that will take US dollars. Weren’t not wanting to use a credit card.

Thx

Here’s the map that I’m referring too. 836e7448566bc90bad14feffd8eca516.jpg7359582473e7257ce2e4ab82c3a64927.jpeg

Puerto Rico is part of the United States. so all monetary transactions are in US dollars just as if you were anywhere else in the US. ;);)

For an inexpensive restaurant featuring Puerto Rican food, try Cafe Manolin on Calle San Justo. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147320-d1976209-Reviews-Cafe_Manolin_Old_San_Juan-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html . It's not at all fancy or stylish, but the food is authentic.

http://cafemanolinoldsanjuan.com/?utm_source=tripadvisor&utm_medium=referral