Cucina vs Teppanyaki vs Steakhouse

landsear

Thoughts? We'll go to two of these restaurants on our Horizon cruise.

My thoughts on Teppanyaki is that Carnival has set the price very similar to land restaurants. So besides the entertainment value no reason for me to go there. As opposed to the Steakhouse where the $35.00 PP is a fraction of the cost I would pay here in NY for a comparable meal. My DW and I have easily spent $250.00 at the better Steakhouses on long island for a similar meal. As for La Cucina we always have a great meal there and find the $15.00 PP a real bargain..

First experienced the steakhouse on the Vista, which the whole family enjoyed - even the kids. In fact, my youngest requested to dine there again claiming they had the best chicken fingers ever in the fanciest bowl.

My youngest will not eat anything offered in the Teppanyaki restaurant, so hubby and older son will be dining there together. They enjoyed Bonsai on the Vista.

Cucina is our last night tradition. We all enjoy it and prefer it over the MDR's menu. This is our fifth ship continuing this tradition.

On the Vista, I never ate dinner once in the MDR! Two evenings my little one wanted to catch the Dive In movie so we brought food from the deli and seafood shack to the movie, I don't mind paying for those lobster rolls! They are delicious, there's never a line and the gentleman making them is incredibly proud of his work. He makes the lobster salad fresh to order and is so eager to please. Had a wonderful experience at the seafood shack. Highly recommend it!

I'd personally probably go with Cucina and Steakhouse over Teppanyaki, mainly due to fact as was stated above, the price is pretty consistent with what you'd pay on land for same meal. Granted, you'll get personal service from your chef, etc but you get that at home too, so there doesn't seem to be any real "upgrade".

Cucina, mainly because my wife loves Italian food and more personal service + Italian is worth it for us, even though its possible to get some italian dishes in MDR

The Steakhouse for me is a no-brainer and the best value of them all. Last time I was at Flemings, the steak itself was $50, and if you get either of the 2 ribeyes or the NY strip on the steakhouse menu, the get a similar quality (grade) of steak as you'd get at Flemings, Ruth Chris and other high end steakhouses. When you factor in the appetizers and dessert and service, it becomes well worth the extra $. In addition, it truly is an upgrade in that that quality of meat was never served in the MDR on Carnival without an upcharge.