Flying out of Newark questions.

Yakb0

Hi all,

I'm flying out of Newark (EWR), and I have a few questions about transportation.

Is there a long term parking lot that you recommend?

Amtrak is another option. My flight is supposed to land, at 3:30PM. Will I be able to catch the train, if it leaves the airport station at 4:24. I will (hopefully) not be traveling with any checked baggage, but I will be in the back of the plane.

Edited by Yakb0
punctuation.

Hi all,

I'm flying out of Newark (EWR), and I have a few questions about transportation.

Is there a long term parking lot that you recommend?

Amtrak is another option. My flight is supposed to land, at 3:30PM. Will I be able to catch the train, if it leaves the airport station at 4:24. I will (hopefully) not be traveling with any checked baggage, but I will be in the back of the plane.

What exact date? Sounds tight to me.

My return flight is on 4/22.

That's a Sunday. The train comes from Norfolk. I haven't ridden it for a while, but my experience was that it often ran late. This train has a layover in NYC from 4:48 to 5:25. If you missed it there would be 3 NJ Transit trains stopping at EWR station that would get you to NY Penn Station by 5:15. Of course this would cost $13 more, but at least you would be able to continue your journey.

Sunday afternoon is prime time at any NYC area airports for arrivals & departures, domestic and int'l flights - take a close look at (OP) flight's on-time performance, although you don't always see the details (wheels down at the runway, taxi time to the gate ... leading up to pax able to step off the jet-bridge into the terminal, beyond luggage carousel (if bags are checked) - then, out to the AirTrain.

That's anywhere from 15 to 30+ minutes, if the aircraft is on-time and there are no "ground stops" and the gate has been released & ready,

Doing carry-on should save you a little time, as long as your bags go above into the OHB and not gate-check for a small regional/commuter flight, as all bags might be delivered NOT on the tarmac but into the terminal on arrival. You will have a better answer if unsure by asking this Q over at Flyertalk's airline forum, specific to EWR (where United/alliance partners hold 2/3's of the gates & run their hub connections)

OP, you say you are flying OUT of the airport ?? is that a different question ... EWR has one "Economy" Lot, with lowered rate for long-term parking @ Lot 6, with free shuttle bus services and 3 miles from the terminals ... short-term & daily lots are served via the AirTrain stops.

https://www.airport-ewr.com/parking.php

OP, you say you are flying OUT of the airport ?? is that a different question ... EWR has one "Economy" Lot, with lowered rate for long-term parking @ Lot 6, with free shuttle bus services and 3 miles from the terminals ... short-term & daily lots are served via the AirTrain stops.

https://www.airport-ewr.com/parking.php

They are two different questions. I'm flying out of EWR, and I'm trying to make a decision regarding transportation to and from the airport.

We have been using Newark Long Term Parking (newarklongtermparking dot com) for 2 years now. You can do self park or valet. Before I made a free account with them and prices were the exact same for me, I found valet to be cheaper. They have a free shuttle for pickup and drop off. They can also pick you up in your own car and you can drive off (has to be valet drop-off and for a fee, of course).