Hard Cider on board

nacsivmw

On our HA cruise last year there was plenty of beer, but no hard cider available for purchase. Does anyone know if that has been added on the ships? It’s becoming more popular, so wondered why it wasn’t available last year!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our HA cruise last year there was plenty of beer, but no hard cider available for purchase. Does anyone know if that has been added on the ships? It’s becoming more popular, so wondered why it wasn’t available last year!

I find that the availability of cider varies based on the ship. I prefer Strongbow, which is sometimes available. I've also had Angry Orchard. I think the availability depends on sourcing. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seems I recall DH ordering hard cider on the Rotterdam Voyage of the Vikings - it was a British label -very good. Hard Cider and craft hard cider is showing up more an more in the US now - Atascadero California now has an Annual Cider Fest and Pig Roast - very popular, show cases lots of local cider brewers. http://www.centralcoastciderfestival.com

Seems I recall DH ordering hard cider on the Rotterdam Voyage of the Vikings - it was a British label -very good. Hard Cider and craft hard cider is showing up more an more in the US now - Atascadero California now has an Annual Cider Fest and Pig Roast - very popular, show cases lots of local cider brewers. http://www.centralcoastciderfestival.com

On our Voyage of the Vikings cruise last summer I had a pear cider for breakfast every morning on the Rotterdam

I wish I could find the Stella Cidre peach, it is amazing! So many great ones in Britain.

OlsSalt I may have to check out Atascadero, love the burgers there!

I wonder if a cruise ship can come into Avila Pier in the San Luis Bay, south San Luis Obispo - used to handle oil tankers off that pier so who knows. http://www.marine.calpoly.edu/history-pier

Wouldn't that be a treat - there are so many sleeper delights in this Central Coast area of California, particularly with the growth of the wine vineyards and the interesting restaurants that soon followed. It is still rural California, small towns, a real get away. Some gorgeous country and now ...hard cider. All those apple farms in See Canyon I guess put to new use.