How to get to the hotel in Fairbanks if arrive late at night

jaitip

Hi everyone

I will fly to Fairbanks and go to Westmark Fairbanks hotel, how can I get there in case I do not book any transfer with the cruise line?

I will arrive around midnight, is it hard to find taxi?

I will do land+ sea tour with HAL but i did not book any transfer from HA. I already paid full amount of the cruise costs and about to go for check in online. But now just not sure if i should get the transfer with the cruise. I think i cannot change anything now.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There'll be plenty of taxis at the airport.

Do you know how much approximately?

I ask the hotel about this, they said they don’t know the info

Thank you

I live in Fairbanks, and can reassure you that there will plenty of taxis available. When you exit the airport baggage claim area you will look toward the left. There will be the line of taxis. Regarding rates, a taxi from the airport to our home, which is farther from the airport than the Westmark Fairbanks, runs about $35.00.

I live in Fairbanks, and can reassure you that there will plenty of taxis available. When you exit the airport baggage claim area you will look toward the left. There will be the line of taxis. Regarding rates, a taxi from the airport to our home, which is farther from the airport than the Westmark Fairbanks, runs about $35.00.

Thank you.

The cruise charges $22 per person. So it will be $44 for two.

How much I should give for tip? In my country there is no tips.

If your tour doesn't start the next day, I'd definitely suggest you get a car rental. Fairbanks is spread out with plenty to see and do.

Yep, as suggested plenty of cabs. a generous tip amount is 20 %, but 15% should be, at least considered.

Thank you.

The cruise charges $22 per person. So it will be $44 for two.

How much I should give for tip? In my country there is no tips.

$5-$10 would be a decent tip. If the driver helps with the bags and such giving $10 would not be too much in my opinion. I'm going on the assumption the fare will be in the neighborhood of $35 as mentioned above. At the time of year you will be arriving it will probably NOT be dark outside - probably fully light. Good luck and enjoy your trip! :)

If your tour doesn't start the next day, I'd definitely suggest you get a car rental. Fairbanks is spread out with plenty to see and do.

Yep, as suggested plenty of cabs. a generous tip amount is 20 %, but 15% should be, at least considered.

Thank you, My tour starts on the next day ^^

$5-$10 would be a decent tip. If the driver helps with the bags and such giving $10 would not be too much in my opinion. I'm going on the assumption the fare will be in the neighborhood of $35 as mentioned above. At the time of year you will be arriving it will probably NOT be dark outside - probably fully light. Good luck and enjoy your trip! :)

Oh I see, it is fully light. I don't realize that.

Thank you

If you paid for the transfer and told HAL your flight information (airline and flight #) there will be someone at the Fairbanks airport from either Holland America or Princess (they work together) to help you with your luggage and transport you to the Westmark in Fairbanks. You don’t need to tip them and if they put you into a cab HAL will have covered the tip. They have cruise line or Grayline Alaska busses running all day waiting for guests who have paid for a transfer to arrive. The daylight hours are long in June.

If you paid for the transfer and told HAL your flight information (airline and flight #) there will be someone at the Fairbanks airport from either Holland America or Princess (they work together) to help you with your luggage and transport you to the Westmark in Fairbanks. You don’t need to tip them and if they put you into a cab HAL will have covered the tip. They have cruise line or Grayline Alaska busses running all day waiting for guests who have paid for a transfer to arrive. The daylight hours are long in June.

Oh thank you

When we did it last year we took Uber/Lyft in the middle of the night from the Fairbanks airport to the Westmark. I looked up my receipt and we paid $16.89 for the whole ride. We've been traveling to Alaska almost every year and having Uber there now is great!

When we did it last year we took Uber/Lyft in the middle of the night from the Fairbanks airport to the Westmark. I looked up my receipt and we paid $16.89 for the whole ride. We've been traveling to Alaska almost every year and having Uber there now is great!

I thought it would be cheaper than taking HAL transfer, that is why i prefer to go on my own. Also, at the time of booking, i am not sure when i will arrive there. I saw the hotel is not far from the airport, but just not sure if i could find a taxi. I then ask here.

Thank you.

I thought it would be cheaper than taking HAL transfer, that is why i prefer to go on my own. Also, at the time of booking, i am not sure when i will arrive there. I saw the hotel is not far from the airport, but just not sure if i could find a taxi. I then ask here.

Thank you.

As noted, you will have no issue getting to the lodge, by either HAL or independent transit. You won't be the only one arriving at the airport. :)