Best way to book? Online, in Thomson shop, or other TA?

Just looking for thoughts on the way most people here make their bookings to get the best balance of price / customer service / availability / options, etc.

In all honesty, we'd probably just go with the best price, but would consider paying a little extra if there was a perceived advantage.

I've started looking at a Cuban Fusion & Pride of Panama cruise this winter and I've a sneaky feeling I might know where the 'just looking' stage could lead! (all too easily)

Got to be Tui Shop every time - any problems and they are there to sort them - no premium phone charges to worry about and questionable customer services, worth £25 to us.

Get your best online price,then pop into TUI shop and an indepenent TA and see what their price is.Always found an independent TA cheaper

Last week saw what I thought was a good deal/ price for a 14 night cruise in TUI shop window.Priced it on TUI online when I got home and it was £150 cheaper

Hi......watch the prices online. We went in store to book as we wanted multiple cabins for our summer cruise from Corfu and wanted them close to each other. TA priced it all up.....shock ...£940 more than I had looked at online half hour before. She asked how I had got that price and as I had printed it off gave her the quote. Needless to say it was matched. We've used Tui/ Thomson for years but very few discounts out there.

Didn't get charged £25 though.

Not allowed to mention TAs on this website, I hinted and got told off.

Likewise.

However, my understanding is that this prohibition is only on naming specific TAs, not the profession as a whole, as the former is assumed to be a commercial recommendation.

Likewise.

However, my understanding is that this prohibition is only on naming specific TAs, not the profession as a whole, as the former is assumed to be a commercial recommendation.

And that is why the post that was mentioning the company by name and number has been removed and the posts not being left.

I didn't feel the need to edit my original post but thanks for bringing it up.

Got to be Tui Shop every time - any problems and they are there to sort them - no premium phone charges to worry about and questionable customer services, worth £25 to us.

Whenever I've had to call Thomsons/TUI it's always been a standard UK landline number, never come across a Premium rate number.

Look at a cashback site,just the same as online but a % off !!
The cashback sites link and redirect you to the regular TUI website and track your booking for future payback.

TopCashback is slow to do so in my experience, but Pensioncruiser's case seems out of order.

I recently booked a TUI hotel package via Quidco - waiting to see how long before cashback.

Still waiting my topcasback after ten months[emoji15]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Waited ages from Quidco,gave them a nasty e-mail and they banned me ,completely forgot about it ,two years later an email saying it was in my account and it was, £20, (took it out sharpish lol ) yes there is a wait ,yes it's slow ,but if it is the same price what;s to lose ! :)

Edited by jono mono
spelling

Just booked for the Explorer March 3rd Caribbean, TUI shop price matched the online cost, there was £73 pp difference.

Flying from Newcastle, so have taken the plunge now as too few flights from N/castle to Barbados.

Not sure if prices fluctuate much later on. It's our first time with Thomsons since Island Explorer about 12 years.

We enjoyed it but have done Pando ever since. Grats and drinks prices a bit high now, so we thought we'd give marella another go.