Red wine

jaxw17

We have a drinks package think it is basic? What is the red wine offered on that package does anyone know

We are red wine drinkers and very disappointed in the choices. We are not wine snobs but nothing available that would cost more than 7.99 in cvs or Walgreens.

However it was the only negative in an otherwise wonderful cruise. Enjoyed the beer and cocktail selections.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have a drinks package think it is basic? What is the red wine offered on that package does anyone know

Which drinks package and where are you travelling as that makes a difference to the wine included?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which drinks package and where are you travelling as that makes a difference to the wine included?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Seaside, an upgrade to the premium package adds two red wines. Oberon, a nice Napa Cab and a French Pinot. Then again, only a few outlets carried them and even they were sometimes out of them. We snagged a few glasses of the Oberon when we found them out and about and brought them to dinner with us. Also note that the Gabbiano Chianti Classico on the basic wine list was in fact not the Classico but the basic Gabbiano which is a poor version of this wineries offerings.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here's a photo of a bottle of red which will, more than likely, be the brand offered. This one is Barbera and the other was Merlot. I had them both on Orchestra in December. They're not great - but they weren't bad, either.

I used to upgrade to the premium package for the better choices but it's €24 pppd plus 15% if upgrading onboard. I purchased a 7 bottle wine package on Magnifica last September instead and was able to get the red I like that's on the premium - Regale - with that for a lot less than upgrading the all-inclusive drinks package.

7382a75434701826269db00d46529f98.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hi we are sailing Northern Med from Southampton UK. We are red wine drinkers but I can't deink Merlot it makes me really ill.We like a good Australian, Chile or Argentinian. I like a full bodied red.

thanks for your answers thus far