Booking next cruise

leekristina25

So, just out of curiosity, is the cost saving any different when booking your next cruise while you’re cruising or is it pretty much the same value?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since Carnival did away with the Future Cruise Certificates a few years ago, there is no great advantage to booking a future cruise while on the ship. There is no price difference between booking the cruise on board or booking the cruise through your PVP (assuming you have one). In fact, your PVP will be more informative and better able to get you the cabin you want (provided it's available) as opposed to the Carnival Rep. on the ship.

After you get off of your first sailing you will have an offer where you get X% or X$ off your next cruise. If you go ahead and book the next cruise you want now then call your PVP with the deal AFTER you get off your first sailing, he/she should be able to give you the price reduction. Mine does for me.

You used to get a better deal by booking on board, including a lot more on board credit for the future cruise. Since they changed the way they handle this, you now book Early Saver on board, which comes with some restrictions. Instead of $200 worth of OBC like they offered in the past, it's now $50 ($100 for suites). And 50% off deposits. You also have 2 weeks after your cruise to get this same deal. But they often offer reduced deposits and $50 OBC promotions, even without the future cruise program, so it's definitely not as beneficial to book on board as it once was. Here's Carnival's info on the program: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4565/~/carnivals-future-cruise-vacation-welcome-home-program

After you get off of your first sailing you will have an offer where you get X% or X$ off your next cruise. If you go ahead and book the next cruise you want now then call your PVP with the deal AFTER you get off your first sailing, he/she should be able to give you the price reduction. Mine does for me.

This is true. However, I've found that if we call our PVP within a week of our debarkation, she can get us the same deal that's being offered on board without having to book on board. To find out if your PVP can do that for you, it's best to call him/her a day or two before you leave for Embarkation.

This is true. However, I've found that if we call our PVP within a week of our debarkation, she can get us the same deal that's being offered on board without having to book on board. To find out if your PVP can do that for you, it's best to call him/her a day or two before you leave for Embarkation.
No PVP necessary. It's Carnival policy now. Cruisers now have two weeks after the cruise to get the same deal. Here's the excerpt from their FAQ's: Back home from your cruise but didn’t have time to book your next cruise? With our "Welcome Home" program, you still have the option to book your future cruise vacation within two weeks after your cruise:

No PVP necessary. It's Carnival policy now. Cruisers now have two weeks after the cruise to get the same deal. Here's the excerpt from their FAQ's: Back home from your cruise but didn’t have time to book your next cruise? With our "Welcome Home" program, you still have the option to book your future cruise vacation within two weeks after your cruise:

It just makes it easier if you have a PVP and the cruise is already booked.

i.e. I have a sailing booked for next May. When I get back from my next sailing, I can shoot my PVP an email and tell her I'm back and I want to use the "Welcome Home" promotion to get the discounted rate and/or OBC or whatever is being offered.