adult cabana at Princess Cay

minniegidget

once they open the excursions for Princess Cays on your cruise you can book. usually about 200 days out, but sometimes earlier sometimes later...that is princess.

We book a clamshell and have seen those being sold out so I would imagine a cabana might be a hot thing as well.

princess now requires prepayment of excursions so you will pay when you book...if you have OBC that shows in your personalizer you will be given the option to apply that towards the price of the cabana. Also I believe these are booked as 1 not 1 per person...for the clamshell it holds 2 so we just book the 1 for both of us.

hope this helps

I have another question. I have read that the cabana’s are 3 miles from the beach. Is that right? I know some May exaggerate but 3 miles but that’s a lot. I know it may be rocky and I will bring water shoes but how rocky is it?

It's been a few years since we were at Princess Cays, and we've never really checked out the cabanas. From a quick search online, it looks like you may have to walk from the cabana area to the beach area. But it doesn't appear to be too long of a walk. I'm sure someone else can provide better feedback from their experiences.

Here's a map

Here are pictures

They are actually maybe 50yds from the beach . However they do drive you to your cabana because of the distance from the tender area .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. I really did not think they were going to be 3 miles from a swimable beach.

They are actually maybe 50yds from the beach . However they do drive you to your cabana because of the distance from the tender area .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, when we were there, you can ride to your cabana, and the cabanas are fairly close to the beach. You can relax in the cabana and then leave it and go splash in the water!

When we were there, it was for quite a few hours, so a nice beach picnic lunch was served for all cruiseship guests close to the cabanas. There is a covered open air structure close by where the picnic lunch was presented and served. There is a nice seating area with picnic tables and washroom facilities beside the cruiseship lunch serving area. I believe you could also order food to come to your cabanas.

Also, you can walk off the Princess Cays fenced area (you must show your cruise card on exit and entry). If I remember correctly, we walked to an area where you could climb a lookout tower and have a wonderful view of Princess Cays seaward and landward. There was also a shopping area where some local people set up shops to sell crafts and souvenirs. Some are authentic and some are brought in. One of the items I purchased was a necklace which I later found at a drugstore chain in Florida for the same price. The necklace on the island had the tags taken off, so I mistakenly believed it had been hand made.

Enjoy! We enjoyed our time on Princess Cays!

We were very unhappy with the cabana's at Princess Cays. They are VERY SMALL inside and did not come with any of the amenities that were available when we rented a cabana at the Carnival private island.

It is very hot on the island and when we went inside there was not enough A/C to cool us off.

Don't waste your money! Access to the beach is close but not right in front.

We rented a cabana. The water was right out our front door and a 40 ft walk to the water. It was a rocky area and we rode floaties. The sand beach is down the walk a ways. Ours was a regular cabana not the adults only. The cabana was small and had air - which was plenty cool for us - also had 2 floating mats and 4 lounge chairs.