Cuban Fusion/AtlanticDiscoveries - Return Flight Time Change

They've done it again.:mad: Four years ago our return flights were changed without any notification - now it's happened again.

Happened to be paying deposit balance on next holiday in August and took a look at our booking for next week (3-28 April). Couldn't believe what I was reading.

The return flight from Palma to Manchester has been changed, albeit only 40 minutes, but those 40 minutes are crucial in us landing on time and getting out of Manchester within two hours in order to return to Scotland by midnight. All transport is booked for our return home and can't be changed.

Last time the difference was six hours and we had to arrange overnight accommodation and change our mode of travel home.

No notification was ever received and I don't expect any this time. Their response was basically "tough".

However, having paid the top up deposit for August today, and the final payment due on our return, I will be cancelling along with the later one booked for November. I will be finding an alternative home for our five figure sum.

Thomson/Tui/Marella administration/customer service is appalling and it's time to cut the ties.

They've done it again.:mad: Four years ago our return flights were changed without any notification - now it's happened again.

Happened to be paying deposit balance on next holiday in August and took a look at our booking for next week (3-28 April). Couldn't believe what I was reading.

The return flight from Palma to Manchester has been changed, albeit only 40 minutes, but those 40 minutes are crucial in us landing on time and getting out of Manchester within two hours in order to return to Scotland by midnight. All transport is booked for our return home and can't be changed.

Last time the difference was six hours and we had to arrange overnight accommodation and change our mode of travel home.

No notification was ever received and I don't expect any this time. Their response was basically "tough".

However, having paid the top up deposit for August today, and the final payment due on our return, I will be cancelling along with the later one booked for November. I will be finding an alternative home for our five figure sum.

Thomson/Tui/Marella administration/customer service is appalling and it's time to cut the ties.

May I ask please why is it that you are returning to Manchester on 28th,we are also returning on the 28th from Palma to Glasgow. Our cruise starts Jamaica 10/4/18 - 28/4/18. Could you not get transferred on to the Glasgow flight.

May I ask please why is it that you are returning to Manchester on 28th,we are also returning on the 28th from Palma to Glasgow. Our cruise starts Jamaica 10/4/18 - 28/4/18. Could you not get transferred on to the Glasgow flight.

Hi Helen

Lovely thought but we are almost all packed ready to leave on Monday (2 days to go) for Manchester and an overnight stay. We fly on Tuesday for 25 nights - only flights for 18 nights from Glasgow. Too late to try getting transferred to another flight at this late stage.

Tickets all bought and paid for weeks ago so will just leave it at that and hope everything goes to plan.

I think your idea would really screw up their administration as the computers wouldn't be able to handle the change.:rolleyes:

Thank you for your suggestion.

Skioncruises - we are also on this 25 day repositioning cruise and have also not been informed of the change to the Palma to Manchester flight. Not a problem tho to us as we live only 40 mins away.

However I really sympathise with you and would strongly suggest that you contact TUI and see if there are spare seats on the Glasgow flight on the 28th

We have done many repositioning cruises with Thomson and as the return flights are one offs they are liable to change Last year in Malaga we were moved gates three times due to the flight being a one off, which involved walking from one end of the airport and back twice!!

Hope you have a safe journey down on Monday as snow is forecast

Hi If i was you I would ask if there are any seats on the Glasgow flight ,and strongly tell them you will cancel your next cruies ,ask them to look at how many times you have been loyal to them ,you might be lucky,good luck

Skioncruises - we are also on this 25 day repositioning cruise and have also not been informed of the change to the Palma to Manchester flight. Not a problem tho to us as we live only 40 mins away.

However I really sympathise with you and would strongly suggest that you contact TUI and see if there are spare seats on the Glasgow flight on the 28th

We have done many repositioning cruises with Thomson and as the return flights are one offs they are liable to change Last year in Malaga we were moved gates three times due to the flight being a one off, which involved walking from one end of the airport and back twice!!

Hope you have a safe journey down on Monday as snow is forecast

Hi Vitalsign

Done umpteen tas and never had a problem apart from 4 years ago and now my discovery today.

Will stick with our plans as the flight is due in at 1420 instead of 1340.

Glasgow flight is scheduled to leave at 2025 arriving 2220. Couldn't hang around the ship on last day until that time. Just want home. Train will take us 4 miles from home and should be there by 2245. Glasgow would be a 90 mile drive and at that time of night we would probably stay over until the Sunday.

Thanks V - I'll hunt you out on the smoking side (I'm one of those "who used to"). I know about the snow and am not coming down in wellies!:D

Edited by skioncruises

Hi If i was you I would ask if there are any seats on the Glasgow flight ,and strongly tell them you will cancel your next cruies ,ask them to look at how many times you have been loyal to them ,you might be lucky,good luck

Hello Ska man

Will stick with our plans as the flight is due in at 1420 instead of 1340.

Glasgow flight is scheduled to leave at 2025 arriving 2220. Couldn't hang around the ship on last day until that time. Just want home. Train will take us 4 miles from home and should be there by 2245. Glasgow would be a 90 mile drive and at that time of night we would probably stay over until the Sunday.

Don't think it matters whether its one cruise or umpteen they are not interested. We have been cruising with them for 30 years this year - don't know how many cruises - and a lot of our hard earned money has gone their way.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Hi Helen

Lovely thought but we are almost all packed ready to leave on Monday (2 days to go) for Manchester and an overnight stay. We fly on Tuesday for 25 nights - only flights for 18 nights from Glasgow. Too late to try getting transferred to another flight at this late stage.

Tickets all bought and paid for weeks ago so will just leave it at that and hope everything goes to plan.

I think your idea would really screw up their administration as the computers wouldn't be able to handle the change.:rolleyes:

Thank you for your suggestion.

Oh sorry I didn’t realise that the 18 day one was the only flight from Glasgow.Only found out a few weeks ago that some people were actually on 25 days. Anyway hope you and everyone else on this cruse have a wonderful time.

Our first time on TUI,Marella,Thomson, since 1997 and that was on the Emerald- Caribbean, although cruised with P&O every year since 2002. Decided to give what was called Thomson a try but unfortunately bad start with customer service from the onset,hopefully things can only get better.

Hi Helen

Don't apologise, it was a great idea but when I saw the time for the Glasgow flight it was a not an option. We can be home by the time the flight has landed and unloaded in Glasgow. Also we would have had to get someone to drive 90 miles to come for us and then take us home. Our option would be to stay in Glasgow overnight and travel home by train or be picked up on the Sunday.

Thank you for what seemed like a good idea.

• 5 weeks later...

Skioncruises do hope you got your connection and got home ok after the 1.45 hrs delay on the tarmac at Palma

Sorry we didn't connect on deck 9 starboard side and hope you enjoyed the 22knot journey from Ponta Delgado to Cadiz lol - worst sea I've ever experienced I felt like a deep sea fisherman!! But what a fantastic stable boat Discovery 2 is God knows how Dream would have coped with it and thankfully Celebration left a few weeks earlier and missed it And what a captain Jason was - fantastic

Skioncruises do hope you got your connection and got home ok after the 1.45 hrs delay on the tarmac at Palma

Sorry we didn't connect on deck 9 starboard side and hope you enjoyed the 22knot journey from Ponta Delgado to Cadiz lol - worst sea I've ever experienced I felt like a deep sea fisherman!! But what a fantastic stable boat Discovery 2 is God knows how Dream would have coped with it and thankfully Celebration left a few weeks earlier and missed it And what a captain Jason was - fantastic

Hello Vitalsign

Yes, we arrived home at 2320 on Saturday after a few hairy moments with our train changes. Fortunately our luggage came off early and we caught the last feasible train (that wouldn't strand us) at 1633 out of the airport to York. Hung around York for about 25 minutes before connecting to Edinburgh but on approaching Newcastle the guard informed us that we would not arrive until 2127 (2120 originally) and our connecting train was 2143. We took the wrong lift when alighting and ended up on the wrong platform but retraced our steps and managed to get our final train with 2 minutes to spare. Negotiating lifts and stairs with luggage and ditherers is not a good idea.

Departing the ship was an absolute nightmare. Ship stability was fine. Captain managed to do a couple of detours to avoid worse weather.

Pilot on plane deserves a medal for making up so much time after the debacle about luggage and wheelchair batteries. DH was tracking our flight and said the tail wind must have been extremely strong as he had never flown at such speed before.

Did walk through the "hazy" side of deck 9 most days but as I didn't know what you looked like it was impossible and didn't think our fellow passengers would understand if had shouted "Vitalsign".

So glad you got home ok and yes the plane captain did a fabulous job with a following wind Passport control and luggage delivery fast too at Manchester

Loved the ship and the desserts were a vast improvement on the older ships Missed Mistrals though and the option to pay for a steak in the MDR enjoyed Surf and Turf but prefer Mistrals Good pizza in the Glass House but had upset tummies after the tapas so didn't eat them again

We had a great time hope you did too Thought Paul Evans and the entertainment team were fantastic and Danielle a superb singer

Didn't think showteam were as good as others we have seen but Brandi and Max were better than ever