Cheers package

VCUSkyhawk

Just because 2 family members buy cheers doesn’t make it right that they share it with other family members. You buy your own cheers and you use your own cheers, no if’s ands or but’s. What’s wrong with you people. Why do people feel the need to cheat the system for a few dollars?

It's like Carnival has admitted "we know you are going to share, and we can't trust you"... I am sure they are losing potential business this way.

Since you know more than the bean counters at Carnival that they are losing money because of their "restrictive policy", why don't you put together a proposal and pitch their marketing department that their policy is costing them profits. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and that was kind of my thinking in starting this thread. I am interested in getting the package, but my wife wont use it. On our next cruise it will be Myself, my wife, daughter (underage), and my Mother. If I book it so that my wife is in with my mother, but my daughter is with me, I can actually buy the package without being forced to waste money on a 2nd package that wouldn't be used well.
Your proposal is the one loop hole in the system that allows only you to purchase and enjoy the Cheers package without your wife having to get it. I make sure that we utilize high end options at the Alchemy Bar so that my fiance will break even on a daily basis. I on the other hand, will have broken even by happy hour each day and then the rest is gravy. ;)

Just because 2 family members buy cheers doesn’t make it right that they share it with other family members. You buy your own cheers and you use your own cheers, no if’s ands or but’s. What’s wrong with you people. Why do people feel the need to cheat the system for a few dollars?
Don't you understand about the many members of the "me generation"? Those people that make their own rules and stick their middle finger in the air to the powers that be. Rum runner owners, balcony smokers, chair hogs, those who stretch the limits of what is legal to wear in the MDR, those who try to smuggle a bottle of whatever into their carry on hidden under a beach towel coming back on board from a port and of course those who cut in line at the buffet without even an "excuse me."

15 drinks a day? I think many need AA.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Forums mobile app

Jesus, is that you?!! I was just wondering since you and some others feel like they have the right to judge others!

I guess you’ll be spending your entire cruise in the chapel?

Why can’t ppl just mind their own business?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It quickly becomes my business when people become intoxicated and act obnoxious, and I don't just mean on a cruise. Anywhere there is that much drinking, not much good comes from it. So many excuses are made for people being intoxicated. Go back to church and preach to someone who will listen.

It quickly becomes my business when people become intoxicated and act obnoxious, and I don't just mean on a cruise. Anywhere there is that much drinking, not much good comes from it. So many excuses are made for people being intoxicated. Go back to church and preach to someone who will listen.

You do understand that people drinking to excess is the norm on cruise ships, yes? So why would knowingly go and then complain about it. That would be like be saying, you know I dont like queer folk then going to a gay bar....

Because I don't let alcoholics dictate where I go on vacation. I can handle drunks. Thanks for caring.

Many ppl can drink alot without becoming intoxicated. I have been on 10 cruises with a lot of drinking and I have yet to encounter any obnoxious drunks. Have you or are you just on your soapbox or are you just some lightweight who can’t handle their booze so you’re jealous of others who can? It’s gotta be one or the other....come on Jesus, confess!!

No booze needed to have fun. Down boy!

Nah, you just get your kicks out of getting into other people’s business, huh boy?!

Hmmmm....I wonder what you brought to this thread. If you don’t “need” booze to have fun (since obviously you’re implying that we drinkers DO need booze to have fun) I am wondering to myself why would a none drinker post some snarky remark on a thread about the Cheers package? Anyway.....

OP, please accept my apology for my part in hijacking your thread.

DW and I get cheers on every cruise and it’s very worthwhile to us. We usually about break even but even if we don’t we get the peace of mind of not having to worry about our bar tab while onboard.

Enjoy your upcoming cruises everyone; whether you “need” booze to enjoy it [emoji849][emoji15] or not!!

Also, Happy Easter!!!

Everyone seems to miss the point. 15 drinks a day times, 5, 7, 10 or more days = a problem, either needing meetings or medical attention. I don't care if someone drinks 50 drinks a day, just don't be around me acting stupid, as booze wouldnt be an excuse for me not to set you straight. As far as not paying as you go, it is a sail and sign card, and you sign each time if you have cheers or not. Silly booze people never think. I will no longer comment, as you boozers have a pact like the smokers, but you boozers are not nearly as bad as them. I never had a problem on a cruise with drinkers. On my last cruise I hung out with many new friends that had the cheers program, and they were the most wonderful people that I have ever met on a cruise. Being an alcoholic doesn't make you bad, knowing that you don't have a problem makes it bad on yourself and family.

DW and I both get the cheers package, we are booked in sepeate rooms so we with the little people so we don’t have to both get it. While we decided we looked at also the NA drinks. She likes her specialty coffee, and I’m a monster / Rockstar fan.

Last cruise we did cheers on it was great drank several Long Island iced teas or others which had 5.00 match play. 50-100 in match play a day.

Because they can. Same people that smuggle. Rules are for OTHER people.

Everyone seems to miss the point. 15 drinks a day times, 5, 7, 10 or more days = a problem, either needing meetings or medical attention. I don't care if someone drinks 50 drinks a day, just don't be around me acting stupid, as booze wouldnt be an excuse for me not to set you straight. As far as not paying as you go, it is a sail and sign card, and you sign each time if you have cheers or not. Silly booze people never think. I will no longer comment, as you boozers have a pact like the smokers, but you boozers are not nearly as bad as them. I never had a problem on a cruise with drinkers. On my last cruise I hung out with many new friends that had the cheers program, and they were the most wonderful people that I have ever met on a cruise. Being an alcoholic doesn't make you bad, knowing that you don't have a problem makes it bad on yourself and family.

Wow, wow , wow! Having spent 35+ years in the beverage business I can tell you alcohol affects people many ways. I've seen people "slam" drinks with NO sign whatsoever of being drunk/stupid.

I've seen people have a couple and act like a--holes.

Don't assume most people drink 15 drinks a day for 5,7,10 days. It's a flippin' vacation!

Says you. 15 drinks a day for 7 days is no problem at all!

Get off your high horse.

What is wrong with you people? Seriously they make you buy it and make your non drinking spouse buy it too? Either both get it or don’t. Really? Your going to base your decision on a cruise vacation over what a few hundred dollars. Pony up, go big or don’t go at all and stop sniveling.

My wife and I have had Cheers on every one of our cruises since it was offered. The majority of the days we have hit our 15 max and have never been drunk or obnoxious. We tip each round and get heavy pours from our favorite bartenders. The secret is in pacing ourselves and drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Our goal is to enjoy our vacation and using Cheers is a nice way to enjoy it without the large bill at the end. We use gift cards to prepay Cheers and this saves us even more money. We have a 14 day cruise booked in the future and it have some really nice ports that will keep us off the boat more than ever, still deciding what to do on this one. We will probably still get it just because, but it would be nice to see it discounted on longer cruises like some of the other lines have done.

Jim