On Getaway Now Mar 25-Apr 1

gatorchinsky

I had read several negative reports about the Getaway before we left but we are having a wonderful time.

At some bars, with only one bartender, service is a little slow but if you don’t want to wait walk a few feet down to another bar.

Food has been very good and hot. Service has been good in all the restaurants we have gone to.

Ship is full of families with a lot of small children. Have not noticed anyone really drunk.

We also have not run in to any rude, unhappy staff.

I will say that our room steward has not been our best. I don’t think we have even seen him. The first night we got back to our cabin a little before 10pm and he still hadn’t turned down our room. Not that big of deal but worth noting.

For those booked on an upcoming Getaway cruise I am sure you will have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had read several negative reports about the Getaway before we left but we are having a wonderful time.

At some bars, with only one bartender, service is a little slow but if you don’t want to wait walk a few feet down to another bar.

Food has been very good and hot. Service has been good in all the restaurants we have gone to.

Ship is full of families with a lot of small children. Have not noticed anyone really drunk.

We also have not run in to any rude, unhappy staff.

I will say that our room steward has not been our best. I don’t think we have even seen him. The first night we got back to our cabin a little before 10pm and he still hadn’t turned down our room. Not that big of deal but worth noting.

For those booked on an upcoming Getaway cruise I am sure you will have a great time.

We were on last week and had a great time also. Lots of families also and no issues at all with Spring Break crowds. Glad you are having a great time. How are the seas? Thought we saw a post somewhere saying they were a little rough.

We were on last week and had a great time also. Lots of families also and no issues at all with Spring Break crowds. Glad you are having a great time. How are the seas? Thought we saw a post somewhere saying they were a little rough.

It’s been smooth sailing for me. Not sure if others would agree. Yesterday in Costa Maya the waves were huge and water was coming onto pier. I thought seas would be rough last night but I never felt anything.

We will be trading places with you. We sail the 1st! Heading to FL now.

We are trading places too -- sailing the 1st as well. Thank you so much for the reports. We will be one of the families with kids (three boys!). And it seems like you must have decent wifi too! :). Can I ask, how cool is it inside with the air conditioning?

We are sad it’s almost over too.

All good things must come to an end! I’m sitting here in the airport and not only are there no waiters coming for my drink order, they also told me my beverage package doesn’t work here!