Pre-buying Beverage packages/excursions- what if price goes down?

Hi! I’m cruising on HOTS in September - couple questions about using cruise planner:

1. If I buy a beverage package now, online, and later notice a “sale” - will they credit me back the difference, either on my credit card or as OBC?

2. Can I cancel an excursion after buying it (before the cruise) or are they non-refundable?

3. I never pre-buy stuff with Carnival as they add FL sales tax if you pre-buy, however, if you wait until ur in international water, you save the tax. Is this the same on RCCL?

Thanks all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the price of a package (or excursion,dining, etc.) goes down, they will not give you a credit, you have to cancel and reorder.

You can cancel anything pre-purchased with the Cruise Planner up to 3 days before the cruise.

No state sales tax is added to anything purchased pre-cruise with the Cruise Planner.

If you purchase a beverage package and the price goes down, just as Bob stated, you need to cancel and rebook it. Just keep in mind, that it takes a few days for the credit to show up on your credit card, whereas the charge shows up right away.

The only reason I mention this is that there is a long thread where someone is complaining because he has/had to wait a few days and he wanted OBC. It's just like every other credit card purchase that takes time for the credit to show up.