Any drawbacks to booking Palo on Sailaway Night?

ccmcg

We are sailing 7 nights on the Fantasy with family (including kids) who have never cruised before. We have never tried Palo and would like to eat there with my sister-in-law and her husband, and were looking at the first night for a variety of reasons. Are there any activities (special sail-away day, perhaps) we would miss out on if we do so? TIA!

We are sailing 7 nights on the Fantasy with family (including kids) who have never cruised before. We have never tried Palo and would like to eat there with my sister-in-law and her husband, and were looking at the first night for a variety of reasons. Are there any activities (special sail-away day, perhaps) we would miss out on if we do so? TIA!

Well, the only "downside" I can see is that you won't get to meet your dinner servers until the second night. That, and you'll miss the menu in whatever dining room you are assigned that night (menus are different every night).

If it's Animator's, there is a show there. Different shows each time you're in there.

If memory serves, the sail away activities seem to end around 6pm. So if you went to Palo then or later, you should be OK. If you schedule dinner during one of the standard meal times (say 8pm), you could also attend the main show (before dinner) that evening as well.

Otherwise, I think Shmoo here covered the main considerations. Of course, if you went to Palo some other night, you still miss one of the menus and might miss the Animator's Palate show then.

I’m sure with kids, Pirate night is a priority for you. However, I enjoy Palo dinner on pirate night, as if there was any menu I had to skip, it is the one that night (not that it’s terrible by any means :-P)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums