Bringing Lunch from Cruise Line

MaC410

If in doubt, ask on the ship. They will know. If allowed they are happy to assist especially for those n special diets where eating in a foreign port is more difficult. Worse case scenario, get some of the prepackaged chips or cookies from on board and save for this purpose. Eat a big breakfast. Time in many ports are so limited should not be an issue. If lucky enough to be cruising in Hawaii, Alaska, Europe or the Med finding food should not be a challenge.

I had read in a cruise guidebook of mine that some cruises will let you bring something like a doggy bag or a bagged lunch with you on excursions during the day. Does anyone know if royal does that?

Your guidebook is outdated.

People do it all the time. Are you breaking a rule,yeah but I consider it minor. Especicially just a bagel and some peanut butter for some quick energy on the go. I do it. Been doing it for 10 years. Fruit too. Bash away��

Minor? You’ve some kind of crazy moral compass to justify this as a minor thing. First it is illegal in many places. It is illegal in many places b/c you can threaten entire species of plant and livestock. Is it a high probability you do? No. But the consequences of your action are potentially so severe that your attitude towards this as minor is absolutely startling. You really need

to reconsider your cognitive processing on this one.

So the first time we visited Cozumel, no puppies in sight. Next time, DH had carted an apple all week in our bag just "incase" he got hungry. Not sure what made me take it out but I did before going ashore. Then I came to the puppies. No signs in sight. Asked to place my bag on the ground and the dog "hit" on my bag. I was mortified. I'm thinking there is no way there are drugs in my bag!! :eek: Then he asked about food. "No." "Are you sure?" "Yes, took it out this morning!" I was still asked to go to a secondary screener that verified the apple was indeed gone. However, there were stacks and stacks of plastic grocery bags FULL of food. I couldn't believe how much had been taken off and we were in a fairly early group off. We were at the old docks so it was just us and the Disney Wonder. Lord that was a lot of food wasted.

It isn't about "keeping Mexico pristine" it is about it being an island and bugs carted from the mainland or elsewhere can disrupt their fragile ecosystem. Heck, in Oregon, you now must stop at the border if hauling a boat to get an inspection for invasive species. Everyone is trying to keep the bugs that aren't part of their ecosystem from invading and destroying the natural balance!!

I will get off my soapbox now.