HDMI Connections in the Stateroom TVs

Jess777

Has anyone know if there are any HDMI ports in the back of the stateroom tvs. I would like to download some movies and watch them on my IPad. So if anyone has any suggestions Im listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you specify which ship you may get a reply from someone who was successful in both accessing the inputs and selecting the correct one to view.

Royal, Regal, Majestic have flat screen TVs mounted flush to the wall.

Some other ships have smaller flat screens but on a shelf above the fridge/minibar area.

And there are still a few with ancient CRT sets that definitely won't have an HDMI input.

Whichever ship you are on if you are determined to try you might want to pack a universal remote with you, especially if on one of the ships with On Demand programming as the supplied remote will have no functions other than finding what show you want to watch.

If you specify which ship you may get a reply from someone who was successful in both accessing the inputs and selecting the correct one to view.

Royal, Regal, Majestic have flat screen TVs mounted flush to the wall.

Some other ships have smaller flat screens but on a shelf above the fridge/minibar area.

And there are still a few with ancient CRT sets that definitely won't have an HDMI input.

Whichever ship you are on if you are determined to try you might want to pack a universal remote with you, especially if on one of the ships with On Demand programming as the supplied remote will have no functions other than finding what show you want to watch.

Its on the Ruby Princess

Its on the Ruby Princess

The last time we were on the Ruby (many years ago) they did have an HDMI input that could be switched over for inputting your own movies or photo's. I don't think they've changed over to the new system yet with on demand programs but if they did you'll have to unplug their input and use their HDMI input feed the TV. You can't switch inputs.

The last time we were on the Ruby (many years ago) they did have an HDMI input that could be switched over for inputting your own movies or photo's. I don't think they've changed over to the new system yet with on demand programs but if they did you'll have to unplug their input and use their HDMI input feed the TV. You can't switch inputs.

[emoji119][emoji41]

Princess buys "hotel type" TV's in bulk. While there are different inputs on the outside there may not be a physical connection inside or be disabled in settings needing code. Since some cruise lines allow pax to see folio info on the TV and the current plans by Princess for the "Ocean Medallion" I doubt they want pax fiddling with anything that MAY be connected to the main frame. I have never been able to make any connection with camera or laptop. I'm just guessing if your on a Ocean Medallion ship, any fooling around with TV may get a visit from security/maintenance.