Ovation or Radiance to Alaska

We sailed Radiance summer of 2016, and loved the one-way itinerary. Spent time on land in Alaska before boarding in Seward, and spent time afterwards in Vancouver. Will do again one day. [emoji846]

We have decided that the next time, if Ovation is sailing AK the summer of 2020, we will sail her for a different experience. And for air travel with less of a hassle, along with time to spend in Seattle.

Both have benefits. It really depends on what you are looking for. If you’ve never done AK, and want to visit Denali, then Radiance would be your choice, since you would either fly in early to tour Denali, or stay after.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Radiance! We loved the one way Southbound cruise! The extra stop in Icy Strait Point was fantastic!

Pictures tell the story. My wife took hundreds and used the best one to create slide shows for her website. You might like to take a look at the link below when you have time. It will give you an idea of what to expect and how to plan if you decide on this itinerary.

Radiance of the Seas - Alaska Southbound

Alaska is amazing! Happy Sailing!

We are booked on the Ovation 11 night in May 2019. Starts in Vancouver. Ends in Seattle. This will be our first Alaska cruise and our first time on a Quantum Class ship. Loved the length of the cruise and the itinerary description. Bringing special needs child so extra planning to ensure a smooth trip!

I’ve been on both ships.

Radiance has better atmosphere in my opinion because of less people.

Ovation does have it’s better points.mainly entertainment,which is great.

If you can work out how to avoid the log jams of rude people you will enjoy.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Looks like Radiance will be our ship to enjoy the great itinerary.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

You're very welcome. You've made a great choice and one that you won't regret. We have loved all four of our Radiance cruises to Alaska..an amazing ship perfect for that itinerary.