Warning - Internet on Carnival Glory

jas1178

I didn’t say vacation time. I said leave the work where it belongs, at home, not on vacation....try to keep up [emoji106]

Again, why are you so concerned with what they are doing on their time? Try to keep up [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes our group had the same experience on the Glory a couple months ago. Terrible internet the entire cruise, Glad I didn't really need it and was only borrowing a friends who runs a couple businesses and is an elected official. Took some people 6 hours to download the hub app. Once on the app it worked fine but some chat messages would go missing/undelivered. Carnival and its cost cutting at its best. The crew complained its been like this since fall.

Again, why are you so concerned with what they are doing on their time? Try to keep up [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the soccer mom turned realtor chimes in that their business empire is suffering due to a ships WiFi, I feel it’s my duty to state the obvious and put it in perspective [emoji6]

Edited by Oh Not Him Again

Good news for you, WiFi for the hub works fine.

Glad to hear that. We'll be sailing on Glory for 19 days in 2019. The only plan I'm going to buy is the cheapest for FB & FB Msgr. Will those work?

Glad to hear that. We'll be sailing on Glory for 19 days in 2019. The only plan I'm going to buy is the cheapest for FB & FB Msgr. Will those work?

Facebook works with the social

Media package, $4 a day if you order it ahead time and $5 once you’re on the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Facebook works with the social

Media package, $4 a day if you order it ahead time and $5 once you’re on the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no longer a daily plan for social media package, it's $30 a week and FB will not work as it is a messaging platform, not the internet

Oh Not Him Again, it's not the entire cruise line but which ship you are on. Also, this is not 1980 and people have internet based jobs and staying connected is important. More importantly it's non of your business what people do on vacation. I am on the Conquest right now on Cruise Critic chastising you.

The Internet hasn't gotten worse on the ships, it's that more and more people keep their faces glued to their phones and social media. I doubt very many "work" while on cruises.

Royal has some clunker ships, too, even with their super duper Internet.

There is no longer a daily plan for social media package, it's $30 a week and FB will not work as it is a messaging platform, not the internet

Oh Not Him Again, it's not the entire cruise line but which ship you are on. Also, this is not 1980 and people have internet based jobs and staying connected is important. More importantly it's non of your business what people do on vacation. I am on the Conquest right now on Cruise Critic chastising you.

Put the phone down and go enjoy your cruise...Unplug, actually talk to your family for a change

We have just departed Princess Cay, headed to Grand Turk. Does Margaritaville have decent wifi? I really need some speed to do some "work" for 1/2 to 1 hour. This is how we are able to do three B2B's in a row. Some people may not understand this is 2018.

He had someone step in to run things and hold down the fort while he was gone....problem solved [emoji106]. More people should do that. Problem with some people’s personality is they are control freaks with the mindset of “Well if I don’t do it, it won’t get done right”. They like to think they are smarter and more important than they actually are
You're constantly telling people how they should handle their own vacations, yet call others control freaks. :rolleyes:

There's only a handful of people on these boards who are as confrontational as you. You just joined and immediately began attacking other users (as seen by most of your less than 30 posts). That's not too typical of new users. What happened, did the mods ban one of your other accounts?

You're constantly telling people how they should handle their own vacations, yet call others control freaks. [emoji57]

There's only a handful of people on these boards who are as confrontational as you. You just joined and immediately began attacking other users (as seen by most of your less than 30 posts). That's not too typical of new users. What happened, did the mods ban one of your other accounts?

You seem very impressed with post count OC....are you saying a person with 2000 posts is somehow more credible than a person with 20? Really?

Just expressing my opinion. Put the phone down on vacation and enjoy the people around you. If you can’t, don’t go on vacation. Simple

I felt bad for all those that needed to check in for flight, print boarding passes, and more. I was taking my kids spring break, while still needing to stay connected with work. In addition, I am a college student that needed to take a quiz, submit a paper, and do simple browsing online. I ended up calling my professor (USING WIFI CALLING WHICH WORKED PERFECTLY) to let her know my dilemma. With Wifi Calling working flawlessly, it was NOT a bandwidth problem...its a configuration/routing issue.

DH and I both have Comcast email through Xfinity. I was able to open his email; but couldn't begin to get mine to open.

Most all websites would try to load, then fail. If one did load, it soon crashed. Oddly, the Carnival website, even as a few site, wouldn't open. No price checks for us. :(

He had someone step in to run things and hold down the fort while he was gone....problem solved [emoji106]. More people should do that. Problem with some people’s personality is they are control freaks with the mindset of “Well if I don’t do it, it won’t get done right”. They like to think they are smarter and more important than they actually are

Like Tears for Fears sang years ago "Everybody wants to rule the World" You really think you should dictate how others manage their trips. SMH

Is the HUB app $5 for the cruise per person or $5 per day, per person to message each other. That is such a great idea to keep in touch with each other. Looking forward to trying it!

They just changed it. It’s now free to download like always but free to use now also. The onboard chat feature is now $5 per voyage to use. They got rid of the daily $5 fee to use.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/kw/Carnival%20hub/related/1

Like Tears for Fears sang years ago "Everybody wants to rule the World" You really think you should dictate how others manage their trips. SMH

Dictate, no....Just a recommendation....work will be there when you get back.....since we are quoting song titles, i want to tell these people to be more like Elsa and "Let It Go, Let It Go"....put down the laptop and go enjoy your cruise ;)

It doesn’t flipping matter WHY someone wants or needs internet and frankly it’s nobody’s business. If someone wants an opinion, they’ll ask for it just like with anything else. Point is Carnival is offering a service that isn’t living up to what they promised. So until then you can get it and suffer through during peak times, get on when less people are doing the same, or not participate. At least they know it’s an issue and are upgrading the internet ship by ship.

I have friends on the Glory right now and so far they have been posting pretty regularly so maybe it’s better this cruise. Haven’t asked them how long it’s taking, though.