Sherian Liqueur

MissesB4409

I am sorry if this is not allowed on here, but we are going on a cruise in May and I was just wondering if anyone knows if Carnival still sells the Sheridan Liqueur on their ships. We will be on Carnival Imagination. I would like to get a bottle of it for my Mother in Law for a gift. If they still sell it, does anyone know how much it is? Thank you.

They had it on Conquest in January. $25-ish per bottle? It might have been part of a 2 for something deal, but I can't remember. It's more expensive than the 4 for $36 Bacardi deal we got, but since we can't buy it anywhere else sometimes we bite the bullet.

It tastes like coffee and creme. DH just discovered it’s also very good with some chocolate liquor mixed in.

They’ll usually do liquor tasting the first or second night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, you've convinced me!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

I have never tried it. But from everything I have read online and heard from my in-laws, I definitely want to try it. From what I read, it is an Irish Cream, mixed with coffee liqueur. My mother in law wants 4 bottles, which will be our max allowed through customs, but I am kind of now wanting to buy a few bottles for myself!!! I will just have to go on another cruise! :) My mother in law also said she thought by now (when she bought it on the only cruise she has ever been on, it was 15 years ago) it will cost about $100 a bottle! She is going to be surprised when we have 4 bottles of it for her for that price! :)

I have never tried it. But from everything I have read online and heard from my in-laws, I definitely want to try it. From what I read, it is an Irish Cream, mixed with coffee liqueur. My mother in law wants 4 bottles, which will be our max allowed through customs, but I am kind of now wanting to buy a few bottles for myself!!! I will just have to go on another cruise! :) My mother in law also said she thought by now (when she bought it on the only cruise she has ever been on, it was 15 years ago) it will cost about $100 a bottle! She is going to be surprised when we have 4 bottles of it for her for that price! :)

It's not mixed until you pour it. The bottle is unique, it is compartmented inside. 2/3 of the bottle is coffee liqueur, and 1/3 is a very sweet cream. The top of the bottle has two spouts. As you pour the bottle, the two separate components mix in the proper ratio.

you can bring back up to 5 cases back into California but you pay duty after a few bottles

http://www.abc.ca.gov/permits/importing.html

im not sure about other states but we have bought 3-4 cases tequila back every time no problem

For Caribbean cruises....

"The CBP says you can bring back two liters of alcohol duty free from islands that compose the Caribbean Basin Initiative, which include St. Lucia, the Bahamas and Aruba, as long as one bottle was locally produced. Even better, travelers are allowed to bring back five liters duty free from the U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI). The catch is that at least one of the bottles must be locally produced, and the rest purchased within the USVI. More than that would be taxed at a 1.5 percent flat duty rate, plus IRS taxes."

Source: https://www.travelchannel.com/interests/food-and-drink/articles/10-tips-for-bringing-alcohol-into-the-US

Does anyone know if they sell them on ALL ships out of ALL ports? We are closest to Long Beach port and may take a cruise out of there next year. When I tell hubby that they only sell them (for a decent price) on cruise ships, he may want to take a short cruise later this year!

Does anyone know if they sell them on ALL ships out of ALL ports? We are closest to Long Beach port and may take a cruise out of there next year. When I tell hubby that they only sell them (for a decent price) on cruise ships, he may want to take a short cruise later this year!

They probably will but suspect price will be much higher than shown above due to lack of competition

We’ve purchased ours out of the Long Beach ships for many years.

Can you give me an idea of the cost of the duty?

Friends bought 6 bottles. They were charged duty of $3/bottle. $12 total. We bought 4 last cruise and weren’t charged any duty in our two extra bottles.