Chinese dining on the Dawn

If I am not mistaken the Dawn has a Chinese restaurant like the Pearl that is no charge. If so, for those who have tried it, is it worth the time and energy? We used to love the one on the Pearl, but it has gone down hill big time in our opinion. We don't expect top of the line, but don't want to waste our time if it isn't worth it either.

Thanks for your opinion.:p

Bamboo is not a Chinese restaurant. It is an Asian restaurant featuring a number of Asian cuisines. It offers a few Chinese dishes, mostly acceptable but none outstanding, in my opinion.

Bamboo is not a Chinese restaurant. It is an Asian restaurant featuring a number of Asian cuisines. It offers a few Chinese dishes, mostly acceptable but none outstanding, in my opinion.

I agree, I guess it easier for people to said Chinese restaurant, but in fact it is an Asian restaurant. Under the term Asian - it covers other dishes and cultures. Most dishes can be found in the buffet like fried rice, spring rolls, etc. However, it is certain food dishes that the buffet might not have and people serving you.

thanks for the comments so far: I did use the term Chinese so people would not get it confused with Teppanyaki's or think that is what I meant. It seems most restaurants we used to refer to as Chinese are not Asian. Again, I thank you for your comments. :cool:

If I am not mistaken the Dawn has a Chinese restaurant like the Pearl that is no charge. If so, for those who have tried it, is it worth the time and energy? We used to love the one on the Pearl, but it has gone down hill big time in our opinion. We don't expect top of the line, but don't want to waste our time if it isn't worth it either.

Thanks for your opinion.:p

Hello NewmexicoNita,

We did a 10-day on the Dawn in January and ate several times at the Bamboo. Our entire family (party of 10) thought it was quite good. The Bamboo takes reservations so I would recommend making them early--it was not always easy getting our preferred time. (We did a TA crossing on the Epic last fall and the Bamboo restaurant did not take reservations--it was first come first served just like O'Sheehans)

Try it early during the cruise that way if you do like it, you have plenty of time to eat there several more times during your cruise.

Enjoy the cruise and the dawn!

Hello NewmexicoNita,

We did a 10-day on the Dawn in January and ate several times at the Bamboo. Our entire family (party of 10) thought it was quite good. The Bamboo takes reservations so I would recommend making them early--it was not always easy getting our preferred time. (We did a TA crossing on the Epic last fall and the Bamboo restaurant did not take reservations--it was first come first served just like O'Sheehans)

Try it early during the cruise that way if you do like it, you have plenty of time to eat there several more times during your cruise.

Enjoy the cruise and the dawn!

thanks so much> and to top it off, I am really hungry right now. It is almost lunch time, I had a small breakfast and not a huge dinner. I am sure we will eat at the Bamboo once while on the Dawn. we only have 4 weeks plus a few days before we sail.

If the restaurant takes reservations call NCL within 90 days of your sail date.

Once on the ship you can go to the restaurant desk or any restaurant podium to book reservations.

I didn't think the food was that good, but appreciated the change of pace from the main dining room, buffet or pub. It is a smaller, quieter venue. I would consider it again, enjoy.

I didn't have sushi, but actually that looked really well executed. I'm not sure of the upcharge.