Uber or carnival shuttle?

Skyler0392

Not with luggage for 4 people. They always give us a minivan taxi at the stand.

Agreed! When we travel with my Mom and Dad we always do the set fare taxi... 4 grown adults and lots of bags too tight fit for an Uber...

When it is just hubby and I we do an Uber as this tends to be a little cheaper.

Uber or Lyft is your better choice. With the Carnival shuttle you have to wait until it fills up and in the end the convienence factor is worth it with the other two choices.

Something else to keep in mind is, if you have FTTF and /or an early check-in time, you'll obviously want to get to the cruise terminal as soon as possible. If you take the Carnival shuttle and have to wait for who knows how long for the shuttle to fill up, it kind of makes having FTTF or an early check-in almost pointless.

Hi. I booked the shuttle but I think I’ll cancel it now. There are 2 of us. Where do you get Uber or Lyft at the airport? Is there a designated place? I looked on the Miami Airport website and couldn’t figure it out. For example inVegas you have to go to the parking garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I fly into Miami in June. Is it better to take the carnival shuttle or an uber? I think the uber might be a little more expensive, but I was thinking the convenience might be worth it. Thoughts?

Check in at the airport, I took the shuttle, it leaves the airport every 20 minutes so I only waited a few minutes.. From the time I checked in until I was at the port was approx 30 minutes... Why be in a hurry, not like you are typically going to immediately run up on the shop. Leaving we were full in a few minutes and out of there, I was pleased.

Check in at the airport, I took the shuttle, it leaves the airport every 20 minutes so I only waited a few minutes.. From the time I checked in until I was at the port was approx 30 minutes... Why be in a hurry, not like you are typically going to immediately run up on the shop. Leaving we were full in a few minutes and out of there, I was pleased.
There have been 12 people on this thread that have said that Uber or Lyft is the way to go. Besides yourself, there has been one person that says take the shuttle. Since you are a "new cruiser" according to your nickname, why not take the advice of the dozen people that say Uber or Lyft is the way to go. I am inferring that you're 61 and I know that Uber or Lyft is modern compared to a taxi, but it's the logical choice.

There have been 12 people on this thread that have said that Uber or Lyft is the way to go. Besides yourself, there has been one person that says take the shuttle. Since you are a "new cruiser" according to your nickname, why not take the advice of the dozen people that say Uber or Lyft is the way to go. I am inferring that you're 61 and I know that Uber or Lyft is modern compared to a taxi, but it's the logical choice.

I was telling you what my experience was. I had intended actually on taking Uber and was on my way to ground transportation when I found the check-in desk at the airport and the shuttle, the shuttle was cheaper, I was not in a hurry, it was an ok experience for me. I have used Uber many times for other things, Just sharing my experience. Just because my experience does not agree with 12 others does not make mine wrong and theirs right. It just makes it my experience.

We've cruised Miami several times and the flat rate taxi fare of $27+ (regular or minivan/SUV cabs, same fare) is a great deal. If there are just 2-3 with normal bags (meaning you don't pack like my wife :( ) you can save a few bucks by using UberX or standard Lyft. If you need UberXL the fare will be about the same as a taxi - although the vehicle is usually cleaner and the ride more friendly. ;)

Unless I was travelling with small children, and for some reason did not want to bring along car seats, I would never consider the cruise transfer bus in Miami. But as they say in baseball, it's your call!