Royal Caribbean Visa Signature card rewards redemption

We used to CC OBC to get $100 worth of Euros with no extra charges. We already had charges which more than wiped out our credits, but since we originally had $250 of CC OBC we could have taken that much out in Euros no matter what other charges we had.

I just received our RCCL Visa card. Our cruise isn’t until next September, 2019. I was hoping to rack up enough points to earn OBC to pay for a couple of cruise excursions during their Black Friday sales. Now, you’re saying we won’t get the OBC until right before cruising?

I just received our RCCL Visa card. Our cruise isn’t until next September, 2019. I was hoping to rack up enough points to earn OBC to pay for a couple of cruise excursions during their Black Friday sales. Now, you’re saying we won’t get the OBC until right before cruising?

Depends on how busy the redemption people get. They apply the redemptions in order of sailing date.

I used them the last two years and received the OBC about 3 weeks prior to my cruise in the Cruise Planner. (and I cashed them in months in advance).

I used them the last two years and received the OBC about 3 weeks prior to my cruise in the Cruise Planner. (and I cashed them in months in advance).

Rats. I wanted to book the cruise excursions and possibly the drink package while they were on sale with OBC.

I’ll probably use the OBC for gratuities.

I redeemed OBC for the first time a few weeks ago, and saw that the different codes (for $ redeemed) have different descriptions. It looks like you can use the $100 OBC only for specialty dining or the drink package. Is this true/new, or is it just a way for us to think we can not use it for gratuities?

I have attached screen shots with the different descriptions:

7909b8c60505e8c746c2e37998086ce1.jpg

61572c5a08c13f57c0426258154360c9.jpg

55ac845cc66ed19acccd1ac685e50fb4.jpg

you were not looking at all options! I had this problem at first. Look for the number I believe is above that gives the number of options to choose from select all. Instead of 6. For gratuities need to leave on account and let the deduct daily.

I used credit to pay for the actual cruise cost over 4 months in advance and it was immediately processed. Also got some OBC but as others have said it didn’t show up until 2 weeks before. In the future I will do the same, use most to pay for cruise and if I amass any more credit I will apply for OBC.

On 2/21/2018,I redeemed 25,000 and 5,000 points for a total of $300 of onboard credits for an April 29, 2018 sailing on Allure. They have not yet shown up on my cruise planner.

I checked the email sent from receipt@managerewardsonline.com and confirmed the credit was applied to the correct reservation (it was) and called their (888) 305-4626 number to find why the MyCruise Reward Redemption OB credits have not been applied to my reservation. All I got was vague promise of it will happen at some point but they do not know when and I should just call back. I think that is a poor system; after 5 weeks the $300 should show on my cruise planner?

This happened to me and I was reassured that it wound be there. What I did find out is that it appears about a day or two when we sail. Not before hand . I always print out my confirmation and take it with me . Just in case there is an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...
On 4/26/2018 at 9:33 AM, vickiw0318 said:

Quick processing this week of my $500 off the cruise price redemption. Even got an email showing my new balance.

Vicki, Did you book the cruise and then they just applied the amount to your balance before final payment? I'm wanting to redeem for the free companion fare and this is our first time doing RCCL.  We have redeemed the Carnival points many times and it is super easy. 

When I called redemption center I was advised not to redeem more than 3 weeks in advance for OBC.  They said if I cancelled I would not get my points back.  I hope to redeem points to pay off my balance on November 2019 Harmony cruise.  I will charge cruise to my VISA before final payment on August 19 and then do the redemption.

12 hours ago, Smallbore said:

Vicki, Did you book the cruise and then they just applied the amount to your balance before final payment? I'm wanting to redeem for the free companion fare and this is our first time doing RCCL.  We have redeemed the Carnival points many times and it is super easy. 

Yes, I booked the cruise and then requested the redemption.  The $500 credit was applied before the final payment came due.

12 hours ago, vickiw0318 said:

Yes, I booked the cruise and then requested the redemption.  The $500 credit was applied before the final payment came due.

I plan to redeem points for the companion fare as well. We sail in May 2020. How fare in advance should I make the redemption? While we do have trip insurance, if I do redeem the points and something happens to cause me to cancel the cruise, do I lose out on the value of the companion fare?  I only have experience with the OBC redemption in the past and have not had problems with that.  Thanks

47 minutes ago, CruiseDancer said:

I plan to redeem points for the companion fare as well. We sail in May 2020. How fare in advance should I make the redemption? While we do have trip insurance, if I do redeem the points and something happens to cause me to cancel the cruise, do I lose out on the value of the companion fare?  I only have experience with the OBC redemption in the past and have not had problems with that.  Thanks

Insurance will not cover the value of the cruise covered by points.  They will only cover the dollar amount out of your pocket.

I would wait as long as possible to make the redemption, because that redemption cannot be moved or "unredeemed".

41 minutes ago, vickiw0318 said:

Thanks, Bob.  I wasn't sure how to advise CruiseDancer on this.  I have never had to worry about redeeming points towards a cruise I might cancel.

That particular info was learned through painful personal experience.

My wife and I plan on redeeming points to pay for our cruise coming up next February.  First time using points but we have almost 150,000 right now.  Already paid a $500 non-refundable deposit what happens when I redeem the points that are supposed to be equal in value to minimum available ocean view stateroom (what we booked)?  Will they credit me back the $500, put it towards OBC or something else?

On 7/7/2019 at 11:09 AM, Host Clarea said:

Insurance will not cover the value of the cruise covered by points.  They will only cover the dollar amount out of your pocket.

I would wait as long as possible to make the redemption, because that redemption cannot be moved or "unredeemed".

Thank you very much for the response. This is what I was thinking about the redemption - waiting as long as possible. I will probably try to time it to redeem and be available just before final payment is due. And I am sorry to hear that you had a painful experience with this.

On 4/2/2018 at 6:54 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Yes, you should get an email saying the points have been redeemed. The email won't say the money has been credited to your on board account, it will only say the points have been redeemed and what they have been redeemed for i.e. OBC or cruise discount. The email will also have your ship, sail date, etc.

Yes, this is what I get each time I redeem.  I have never gotten any notification that it is in my on board credit account.  I was nervous the first time that it wouldn't be credited, but I've redeemed on each of our sailings since and never had a problem.  Once we would get to our cabin I would check our account on the TV and the credit was always there.  No need to stand in line at pursers desk.

I have enough points on my Royal Caribbean card for a $200 OBC, and we're not sailing until January 2021.

Hypothetically, if I also have a Celebrity Cruise Lines credit card with points available to redeem for OBC, can I use those points for OBC for the same Royal Caribbean cruise as I use my Royal Caribbean credit card points for OBC?

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Royal_Cruiser said:

I have enough points on my Royal Caribbean card for a $200 OBC, and we're not sailing until January 2021.

Hypothetically, if I also have a Celebrity Cruise Lines credit card with points available to redeem for OBC, can I use those points for OBC for the same Royal Caribbean cruise as I use my Royal Caribbean credit card points for OBC?

Thank you.

Yes, you can have multiple redemptions apply to the same booking.