Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I didn't get into the Project Runway show.

Tomorrow I have Cynthia Rowley's show, and I'm so excited to see how they've done up Lincoln Center for Fashion Week. It's the first year, after 17 years in Bryant Park.

Tonight I'm recovering from Fashion's Night Out in NYC. It was a wild evening! EVERYONE was here -Karl Lagerfeld, Catherine Zeta Jones, Sarah J. Parker, Tim Gunn, Anna Wintour, Oscar de la Renta, NYC ballet dancers. The streets were crazy! So much fun!

Tomorrow I have Cynthia Rowley's show, and I'm so excited to see how they've done up Lincoln Center for Fashion Week. It's the first year, after 17 years in Bryant Park.

Tonight I'm recovering from Fashion's Night Out in NYC. It was a wild evening! EVERYONE was here -Karl Lagerfeld, Catherine Zeta Jones, Sarah J. Parker, Tim Gunn, Anna Wintour, Oscar de la Renta, NYC ballet dancers. The streets were crazy! So much fun!

How fun is that!!!

It was an interesting challenge this past week, having someone else create your idea. More like what the real world will be for designers, just like working in teams, which most of them hate to do.

I think it should have been Ivey to go and not based on her design, but on the way she handled how it was done. She had so little faith in (was it Michael D.?) that she backed off her original design and went with what she felt were his skill levels. Although in the real world you could fire a person with lacking skills, she could not, she should have gone with her design even if poorly executed.

Is it just me, or was this the first time they have done a "montage" of the aufed designer? I don't remember it being done in past episodes. Even though I never really cared for Casanovas personality or any of his designs, matronly or sexy, it was a nice send-off.

Seeing just little clips of edited footage over the season, I do realize the producers can make a person look more annoying, whiney, bossy, controlling, whatever we see than they really are. So I do realize that Casanova's personality was represented only by what they wanted us to see, it seemed like everyone there really liked him. That tells me there is a whole lot more to him than just the annoying part.

I'm turning quite green. ;) Hooray for you.:D

Anybody know any online sites where those of us who can't make Fashion Week could see the lines?

I did find this interview with Christian Siriano that showed some of his collection.

http://omg.yahoo.com/videos/christian-siriano-a-fashion-week-hit/11836

He is my all time favorite PR contestant, Talented, focused, and hard working.

http://www.elle.com/Runway/Ready-to-Wear/Spring-2011-RTW/CHRISTIAN-SIRIANO/CHRISTIAN-SIRIANO#mode=base;slide=0;

The above is a link to Christian's Fashion Week collection (skip past the Olay ad!). To my surprise, he toned down the drama, and creating thinking of the customer. Most of it is very wearable and nice! Add a few inches to the length, and I would wear most of it!

http://www.elle.com/Runway/Ready-to-Wear/Spring-2011-RTW/CHRISTIAN-SIRIANO/CHRISTIAN-SIRIANO#mode=base;slide=0;

The above is a link to Christian's Fashion Week collection (skip past the Olay ad!). To my surprise, he toned down the drama, and creating thinking of the customer. Most of it is very wearable and nice! Add a few inches to the length, and I would wear most of it!

Mega thanks, Beanie! I would have loved to see the brown/blue print and red/white print ballroom gowns move.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-8/rate-the-runway/episode-8#id=9

I thought Mondo was the absolute winner the minute the model walked out.:) Ivy, except for a little funk going on with the jacket and Christopher, except for MAJOR funk with the shrug? were good possibilities as well but, IMO Mondo nailed it and RAWKED.

I'm really tired of Gretchen having so much to say, and most of it so critical, about others and their designs.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-8/rate-the-runway/episode-8#id=9

I thought Mondo was the absolute winner the minute the model walked out.:) Ivy, except for a little funk going on with the jacket and Christopher, except for MAJOR funk with the shrug? were good possibilities as well but, IMO Mondo nailed it and RAWKED.

I'm really tired of Gretchen having so much to say, and most of it so critical, about others and their designs.

thanks for the info. i do get too see the reruns on saturday nights but i am always anxious too know what goes on before that from you guys. i am glad mondo finally won. i think they are keeping gretchin on for the drama. it makes for good entertainment. is it just me or does heidi get more '' out there '' with her clothes as she gets older?? any shorter bottoms and she might as well not have anything on at all :eek:.

I was THRILLED Mondo won. Adding the jacket gave his look a major bump up.

I guess I don't get the concept of "American sports wear." A lot of the outfits looked like dressy dresses to me. I would have thought the look would have called for separates, tailoring, crispness.

As an aside, I think there's something funny about the whole "fashion icon" thing. Basically those icons have their own look that they barely adapt to changing styles. These gals aren't going to rush out and buy the latest trend. They might admire new fashion, but they stick with their signature look with few variations.

They are just the opposite of folks like Sarah Jessica Parker, who I view as a fashion victim, not an icon.

If Jackie O were alive today, she'd still have on perfectly tailored dark pants, a crisp white blouse or striped boat-neck top, a sweater casually knotted around her neck, and oversized sunglasses. And she would still cause heads to turn in admiration.

Valerie and Gretchen -- could they be more boring? Ugh. At least Andy is doing something.

DustyRoad...

I'm getting PR from "on demand" through our cable provider. It's free. Maybe that will help you out.

thanks seabunny. i need too pick up another dvd/vcr recorder. i love the show. my lumpy oversized body could never wear the clothes they make, but i sure enjoy seeing what the designers come up with :D.

hey guys, i work 2nd shift and i cant tape the show GRRRRR and im not getting much out of the project runway site. lets have some scoop on the show this week. im dying too see what you all think :D

You can watch it on your computer. It's up 24 hours after the actual show, meaning you can watch it anytime after Friday at 10:00PM

Would have liked to see Christina Hendricks as the guest instead of January Jones. She didn't have much to say.

I disagree with both choices.

Being an actress doesn't make someone a fashion critic. First of all, they don't have any training, and secondly, they can't think of anyone besides themselves. If you notice their comments, it's all about "me", as in "I wouldn't wear that dress", or "That would look great on me".

For them, it's not about fashion, it's only about "me".

I think they should only have people in the fashion business - or someone who knows great style - on to discuss fashion.

We were on a cruise last week so I just watched it on Lifetime .. man are they so young they don't get Jackie at all .. well except Mondo .. that was the clearest winner all season to me.

Even if he hadn't had the clearest winning design .. it would have been worth it to have him win just to see Ivy's face! Gretchen doesn't hide her good opinion of herself when she is just in the middle of the pack either .. does she?

Totally agree Mondo was the clear winner.

Can't stand Gretchen or Ivey, but I do know the producers are probably setting them up when they do the on camera interviews. My niece has been on 3 Food Network cake challenges and she is on the edge of her seat when the shows air because of the interviews. The producers can "spin" the interviews.

I just wonder what Gretchen thinks about herself since the show has aired. I'm sure she thinks of herself as a victium.

Have to brag a little.....niece won 2 or the 3 cake challenges. So proud of her!!!!!

Totally agree Mondo was the clear winner.

Can't stand Gretchen or Ivey, but I do know the producers are probably setting them up when they do the on camera interviews. My niece has been on 3 Food Network cake challenges and she is on the edge of her seat when the shows air because of the interviews. The producers can "spin" the interviews.

I just wonder what Gretchen thinks about herself since the show has aired. I'm sure she thinks of herself as a victium.

Have to brag a little.....niece won 2 or the 3 cake challenges. So proud of her!!!!!

Congrats to your niece. I have seen a couple of the cake challenges, who is your niece?

I agree about the set up in the interviews but like you Gretchen and Ivy really irritate me. I love how almost every week when they show them talking in the waiting room while the final 6 are on the runway and Gretchen is giving her opinion of who is on top/bottom. I don't think she has gotten it correct yet! For me, this season of designers is kind of boring. No one is standing out to me yet.

Congrats to your niece. I have seen a couple of the cake challenges, who is your niece?

I agree about the set up in the interviews but like you Gretchen and Ivy really irritate me. I love how almost every week when they show them talking in the waiting room while the final 6 are on the runway and Gretchen is giving her opinion of who is on top/bottom. I don't think she has gotten it correct yet! For me, this season of designers is kind of boring. No one is standing out to me yet.

Thanks.....you can see her on her web page @ www.fancycakesbylauren.com

The only designer I really like is Mondo. Hope he makes it through to the finals. Would love to know more about him.

The "hype" on the promos is really better than the programs this season.

Mondo seemed so odd to me at the beginning of the season. Although his personal look is still a bit oddball to me, he has grown on me the past couple of weeks. It takes a big person to admit they are wrong, and his admitting that he was so wrong to diss Michael C right off was very gracious.

Ivey, on the other hand, made a fool of herself by criticizing Michael D. last week. They all make fools of themselves when being so snarky on the show. After all, they aren't anonymous like we are ;):)

When I saw his fabric choice I knew he had this challenge in the bag. Not a print I would wear, but definitely on the classic side, only with edge, I knew he "got" it. Jackie Kennedy was classic through and through, but I'd like to think if she were still with us today, she would have enjoyed Mondo's interpretation.

I have to agree with others who have stated this season is a bit boring...but I'll watch it anyway.

No comments yet? What's up with that?

I HATED Gretchen's dress. It must have looked very different in person. To me it looked like something Margaret Dumont would have worn in a Marx Brothers movie (BTW, that is far before my time, too -- think plus-size dowager in a mature flapper-style dress)

Super happy Mondo won. Liked Andy's outfits. Thought April should have been in the top 3 instead of Gretchen.

I have not liked Valerie's design for 3 weeks in a row (at least). Ivy has been all over the place. No problem with who they sent home. Valerie will be going soon.

Did you all think it was funny that Gretchen thinks she "owns" burgundy. Too bad Michael had paid no attention to the fact the judges don't like that color.

I was happy to see Mondo win again. I also liked the way he was styled for his advertorial, like a man instead of schoolboy in fantasy world. I though this high fashion look was great and his off-the rack dress was really pretty. I loved his comment about his dress was going to look off the rack, even if that meant the clearance rack :D

I was a bit on the fence with Andy's look, while I did think it was more in line with what the challenge was, it almost wasn't enough over the top. I was thinking we might have seen something like what Christian Siriano or Chris March would have done from him.

I keep thinking April should be designing for Fredericks of Hollywood. Although she's not the worst designer on the show and I think she's smarter and more mature than others (Gretchen), I'm just not into lingerie as fashion to be worn like clothing.

I agreed with the judges about who went home, Ivey was a mess this week with her designs. I'm sorry Valerie felt like she should have been the one, I hope she found some sense of confidence and self-worth after the show was over.

Gretchen, as much as I liked her designs the first few weeks, I just did not understand her being in the top 3. I did like the feather detail, but I thought the fit of her garments were dowdy.

I'm thinking there is a whole lot of detail and color we just can't see on the TV screen. Makes me wish I had an HD TV.

So who goes home next? Valerie, Michael C or is it Christopher?

Edited by Happy ks