Dry Dock Schedules? (re: NCL Sun Panama cruise)

SPFfifty

I have been perusing the NCL Sun threads and that cruise sounds just atrocious. Utterly disgraceful and the epitome of corporate greed. I have read of similar "dry dock" activity being started during regular cruises on Carnival and Holland America too. I've come to the conclusion that this is a standard procedure for many cruise lines:eek:

Is there somewhere that NCL, or a third party, publishes dry dock schedules? I will take advice I have read to not book two weeks before or two weeks after a dry dock, but how will I know when the dry dock is? Group of us already starting to talk about a big group cruise in 2020 and want a Megaship with lots of amenities for kids. Isn't one of the -Away ships and the Escape going to be right around the 5 year mark then when it is due for a dry dock? I very much want whatever information I can find to avoid ending up in a situation like the Sun cruise.

When you see the Escape heading toward Germany,,,, head the other way.

We were on the first cruise of the Epic after she went into dry dock. Our embarkation date/time was changed 3 times. Rebooking international travel to London, returning from Barcelona on short notice was a nightmare.

I don't know about a full list of when ships are going on dry dock, but I do know that the Breakaway is headed for a dry dock (in Brest) after the TA (to Southampton) that ends on April 27. First cruise after that will be the 9-Day Baltic Capitals on May 11 from Copenhagen.

When you see the Escape heading toward Germany,,,, head the other way.

We were on the first cruise of the Epic after she went into dry dock. Our embarkation date/time was changed 3 times. Rebooking international travel to London, returning from Barcelona on short notice was a nightmare.

No, no,no .... ncl is perfect and no one ever has a less than perfect experience. Don’t try for sympathy after your comments towards others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums