Seaside zipline speed ?

Cruisin4beaches

I just came back from a cruise on another ship. The Seaside was docked next to us in Nassau. My question is as I was watching people ride the zipline some went fast and some slow. Can you control the speed or does it depend on the weight of the rider?

Also some riders were facing forward and others were spinning around. And some were in a "sitting" position while others looked more to be "standing".

I'm on the Seaside 4/28/18 in YC so I'll have unlimited rides so do all of these things give a different ride experience?

good day;

did it a few times on Seaside - everyone is seated the same in a harness - you can let go and this way you can spin if you like - i would imagine that your weight could determine the speed you are travelling as there is no way to control

hope this helps - it was not really that fast, but gave great visuals - it pretty much only operates when in port due to wind conditions...

free for YC guests, you will love YC

The weight of the rider impacts the speed. There is no way to make it go faster or slower. You do however control whether you spin or just go straight forward. They did tell us not to do more than one or two full rotations as the lines can get tangled. It was a lot of fun and the views were incredible!

I just got off Seaside on Saturday.

There is no way to control the speed. I thought it went pretty slowly compared to other ziplines I've been on but definitely a good view.

You have limited control over spin.

It was very windy during most of the cruise so the zipline was rarely operating and when it did they only had one of the two lines open. If there is a line it moves slowly due to the staff harnessing and outfitting the passengers.

As far as riding position, probably depends on the harness and how it fits the particular rider.

If I'm not mistaken you had to be 52" to ride and weigh a minimum of 75 lbs. There was an upper weight limit but I can't remember what it was...thought it was 290 but I could be mistaken.

I just got off Seaside on Saturday.

There is no way to control the speed. I thought it went pretty slowly compared to other ziplines I've been on but definitely a good view.

You have limited control over spin.

It was very windy during most of the cruise so the zipline was rarely operating and when it did they only had one of the two lines open. If there is a line it moves slowly due to the staff harnessing and outfitting the passengers.

As far as riding position, probably depends on the harness and how it fits the particular rider.

If I'm not mistaken you had to be 52" to ride and weigh a minimum of 75 lbs. There was an upper weight limit but I can't remember what it was...thought it was 290 but I could be mistaken.

I don’t think they are strict on the weight minimum...my 60 pound 8 year old son rode it. He is 52 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums