Platinum Dining Credit & SDP Perk for Cabin of 3

Alegeeter

Curious if anyone has experienced something similar and what the outcome was:

I will be sailing with three in one cabin. I am the only Platinum passenger in the cabin. We chose the dining package as one of our oerks (3 meals for Guest 1 and 2). So we have 10 meals total, split up as the following:

Guest 1 [Me]

1 Voucher for 2 at Cagney's/Le Bistro

1 Voucher for 2 at La Cucina/Moderno

3 SDP

Guest 2

3 SDP

Guest 3

Nothing

Am I able to bring Guest 3 under the Platinum dining credit voucher while Guest 2 uses 2 SDPs? If so, for the remaining meals (the 3 SDP under my name and Guest 2's final SDP) are we allowed to split them up or will I have to eat alone ;)? Not trying to game the system or do anything sneaky, simply want to see what others have experienced in how strict the crew is on using meal credits.

For the two Platinum dinners, you can bring any guest you would like (as in your example). But the rest of your quotation I don't think is possible. Only solution would be to change yourself from "Guest 1" to "Guest 3"....

For the two Platinum dinners, you can bring any guest you would like (as in your example). But the rest of your quotation I don't think is possible. Only solution would be to change yourself from "Guest 1" to "Guest 3"....

They don't ask you to prove the identity of the person you're eating your Platinum dinner with in my experience... so that could in fact be any passing vagrant...

How many nights do you want to eat at specialty restaurants?

As others have mentioned, you cannot split the meals that come with your SDP and give them to another person. You will most likely have to pay out of pocket for at least one of the meals. There is a possibility that you could get a server that would game the system for you, but I wouldn't count on that.

My husband and I are Platinum and the friend that cruises with us is Gold. On our last cruise, we purchased a 3-night SDP for her (my husband and I got ours with the cabin). We only used one of our Platinum meal vouchers. For that meal, we decided that we would pay a la carte for one meal -- my husband's, since he was ordering only sides (Cagney's).

We will probably do the same on our next cruise, knowing that things are going to end up uneven and that we will be paying for one of the meals. Honestly, isn't ideal, but it doesn't bother us. It's a vacation and it's not as if another $30 or so is going to break us.

As others have mentioned, you can also switch the order of people in the cabin, but you will still end up paying for a meal. And don't forget to take a look at the restrictions on the Platinum meal -- there are price restrictions that can dictate how much you spend on an entree and how many sides (if any) you can order.

Switching the order of the guests is not an option, unfortunately, as I need to be Guest 1 for CAS purposes. We aren't looking to dine any particular number of time at specialty restaurants. Whatever they allow us to do is fine. It looks like we can at least do 2 meals (the vouchers with the third guest covered by Platinum voucher) and then for a third meal pay a la carte for one guest. Maybe we'll get lucky but nothing will be expected. Thanks all for your input.