Crystal European River Cruise

Nanahighseas

We will be sailing on Crystal Debussy in late October. Its inaugural sail is actually this month of April. If anyone has sailed on Crystal Bach or Crystal Mahler which I'm sure have the same policies, can you tell me if you had any issues with bringing a hair setter or curling iron into your cabin. I can't imagine women not having any options for styling their hair! Please does anyone have the answer to this? 🤔

Hi! We were on the Mahler last fall. If I recall, you will need to use a European converter to use your curling iron. In addition, not all curling irons are safe to use with a converter (the voltage through it may be too high and permanently fry the device), so in addition to using a converter you should check to see that your device is compatible.

I have a vague recollection of there being one US outlet in the bedroom, but I'm not sure.

There are two hair dryers in each suite, I believe: one stored in the closet of the bedroom and one hooked into the bathroom. The bathroom has one outlet, but it is only for electric shavers and is not safe for hair curlers, etc.

If I were you, I would email Guest Services (I believe they are called River Butlers) at Crystal and ask them for specifics. They were very helpful when I needed information before my cruise, although it may take a few days to receive a reply.

Enjoy your cruise...the river experience on Crystal is phenomenal!

There is a lot of confusion between the terms 'converter' and 'adapter.' If your appliance is rated 110/220, all you need is an adapter to get the plug into the wall. But if it's only rated 110, you would need a converter -- which is likely to cost more and weight more than your curling iron! In that case, better to just buy a cheap one in Europe and give it to you cabin steward at the end.

Thank you skybluewaters. This was very helpful. The fact that you were on the Crystal Mahler tells me what I need to know as the Crystal Debussy is a sister ship. There are a total of 4 couples in our group, so us wives are very interested in what we need to do to make our hair setter/curling iron compatible with the outlet in the bedroom part of the cabin. Thank you for your suggestion of emailing Guest Services and I'm excited that you said your experience was phenomenal! We are so looking forward to our Rhine cruise!