Cruised in January??

brensmommie

I am booked for a Cruise from 1/26-1/30/06. I live in South FL so I am used to the weather here, but have any of you ever cruised to Key West or Cozumel in January- is it real cold?

Is the water cold? I want to be prepared with clothes for myself and my son. Thanks for any info!!

Carly

IMHO - January is a great time to cruise. KW may be a bit chilly or cold, but the other caribbean islands are great. We have done several cruises in January hitting: Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Ocho Rios, Bahamas, Belize, and Roatan. We had beautifly warm, but not rediculously hot weather. The weather departing one of them in Port Canaveral was COLD, but otherwise great.

Cool is relative. Karen ALWAYS takes a sweater so when we do our deck walk after dinner she is not cold. However, I am fine with whatever is happening.

Once a cruise ship gets below a certain point (like south of Cuba), the temperatures are more consistent year around. By the time you get to Coz, it will seem nice. The water temp might cool off a degree or two, but it is warm water.

Jim

Hi Brensmommie ~

I have cruised in January....to Cozumel.

In Cozumel...it was very warm and delightful.

Cruising out of Texas, it was rather cold.

We got into some choppy waters that made folks sick.

The temperatures while crusiing: either very lovely or slightly chilly.

Debarking in Texas....very cold again. SHOCK ! :eek:

We have always cruised in January and have found the weather to be wonderful each time (10 times). Only once did we get into some cold, windy weather and that was in the Bahama's. We have sailed the eastern, western, and southern caribbean and have always been able to swim and wear shorts and t's. In fact, it's often HOT. We've been to KW twice in January and we also wore shorts and t's there. We leave in three weeks, have fun on your trip.

Archived