New England Fall cruise?

My cruise to New Zealand on the Radiance was just cancelled but with a full refund & fcc I will need to book another cruise.

Australian school holidays are 22 June 2018 & then 30 September 2018. For 2 weeks.

Where should we go?

I love the thought of the New England fall cruise departing at the end of September but the flights return from New York are over 24 hours each.

The Caribbean sounds beautiful but is it worth doing from Australia.

Barcelona on the Symphony sounds good as well.

What would you recommend we do?

Australian cruise season has ended until September 2018 as the boats sail north for the summer

With that kind of time, IF you really are interested in a New England cruise- I'd also suggest one of the cruises to or from Quebec City. They have a lot more stops in Canada.

But Alaska is a great suggestion.

I have done the New England and Canada itinerary twice and loved it. The coast of Maine is beautiful and the people are lovely - one of my fave places in the world. I enjoyed Halifax with its Maritime Museum and lovely boardwalk.

I would not go all the way from Australia to the Caribbean. Yes, the Caribbean has some beautiful spots but, to me, it would not justify the long flight.

Quebec is meant to be a beautiful city with a lot to see.

The cruise I’m looking at departs from New Jersey which is not meant to be far from new york

New York and the New Jersey port are very close. But so you know, Quebec City has a pretty small airport. So for us to get there from Detroit, we had to go through New York.... So it's not a stretch to suggest that you will likely fly though New York to get to Quebec City, regardless of what direction you go.

Still, that Alaska trip is amazing. Really amazing.

Anthem is a awesome ship. We did it mid September and it was great. Only problem was it was very foggy. Very easy to fly into Newark International airport and get to cruise port. Our cruise was 9 days. Also been on the Alaska cruise on the Radiance. Just gorgeous. That cruise is only 7 days. I love the longer cruise.