Cruise Line Rate Changes

Rachelsmemom

If you booked through a TA, they aren't required to. Some will, some won't. It also depends on where you are seeing the rate reduced (i.e. are you seeing it on another TA's website or are you seeing it on the cruiseline's website) and how long it is until you cruise. Sometimes those rate reductions are for new bookings only.

They just reduced mine by 50$pp on Carnival which I went through and I went gty for my room. I sail 1/22/06 and had a room assigned already. They gave me the 100.00 and put me back in the hat again for a room which I hope I did the right thing. I had a 8c so I hope I can get something like that back again. As long as I have a balcony right?:p

This is my first cruise so I hope I didn't mess up. Did I?:confused:

They just reduced mine by 50$pp on Carnival which I went through and I went gty for my room. I sail 1/22/06 and had a room assigned already. They gave me the 100.00 and put me back in the hat again for a room which I hope I did the right thing. I had a 8c so I hope I can get something like that back again. As long as I have a balcony right?:p

This is my first cruise so I hope I didn't mess up. Did I?:confused:

Hi Deb - You probably did OK - You saved $100 - You will still get a balcony cabin - the Gty is always a bit of a gamble - some 8a cabins are in better locations than some 8c cabins - regardless - you will have a great time. :D:D

We booked directly through Carnival for our upcoming Inspiration (1/2/06) cruise. How do I find out if the price has dropped? Will Carnival notify me? I wouldn't imagine they would? I was keeping an eye on it (like I was booking a new cruise on the Carnival website) but our cruise no longer shows up, I assume because it's so close to time to sail.:confused: A little shipboard credit would be REALLY nice!!!:D

I'm a newbie, but one thing I found was some TA announce big discounts, only to 'shift' prices from the room to the taxes and fees. Learned the hard way to compare bottom line.

Example cruise I'm looking at today shows $37 in misc fees on Carnival site, but same cruise on a TA site is actually more expensive: their $150 cheaper than Carnival up front, but have taxes of $237 each.... making it $50 more than booking direct.

Just my experience, I know its probably been discussed here often.

Archived