A question about charging...

NewLifer

From what I have seen on here I want to know if it is possible for problems charging or if with the power surges if your phone would explode? Like at night when the ship goes full steam ahead... ???

Sent from my Z983 using Forums mobile app

FYI....Most of the newer ships and or those recently refurbished have USB ports for charging your phone

From what I have seen on here I want to know if it is possible for problems charging or if with the power surges if your phone would explode? Like at night when the ship goes full steam ahead... ???

First of all, there's no danger of exploding phones (not unless you have a serious issue with your phone, that is [emoji12] ). I've never had any trouble charging our phones or tablets. And the newer ships & some older ones recently out of drydock have USB outlets in addition to AC outlets to make charging even easier.

Second, the ship doesn't sail any faster at night than it does during the day. Once out in open waters, the speed is fairly constant, regardless of time of day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

They can't go full steam ahead at night. It's too dangerous, what with all the icebergs. ;p Just messin' with you. But think about it, are you worried about a power surge if you're charging your phone in your car and you step on the gas? Nah, doesn't work like that. Charge without worry.

You can buy a power strip on Amazon that isn’t a surge protector. There is one for $20 that also has a USB spot on it. We went on the Magic a year ago and they don’t have a USB spot. We are going on the Magic again on the 14th and I am buying one of these nifty things. Last year was annoying trying to charge everything

Uhhh... the electric generators are not dependent upon the speed of the ship. LOL