Taxi Edinburgh

Does anyone know if taxi's are abundant at the Newhaven Pier, Holyrood and at the Royal Yacht? I thin they are not too expensive as the distances between these places is not too great?

Hi Cleobella

Which Port are you landing in Edinburgh? My cruise is in August and taking Pacific Princess my port will be Rosyth.

Check this website big help on all info and excursions http://www.cruiseforth.com

I was able to arrange for Taxi pickup for party of 7. Taxi company suggested I take the hop on hop off with skip the line entrances for Edinburgh Castle, Britannia and Holyrood Palace. They will pick us from the port and drop us off where we pick up the hop on hop off tickets and will pick us up at the end of the day.

I have 2 days port stay in Edinburgh. I have arranged to go to Rosyth Castle on one of those days.

I try not to take the excursions offered by the cruise line as I find them too expensive.

Thanks Eeyore! I will check out the cruiseforth site for sure. We are in Newhaven port, will probably go with the Majestic HOHO which actually does a stop there. As well, NCL is now offering a transportation bus into the city and back again . Expensive but would work out to the same a taxi with the exchange...so another option I guess.

Thanks Eeyore! I will check out the cruiseforth site for sure. We are in Newhaven port, will probably go with the Majestic HOHO which actually does a stop there. As well, NCL is now offering a transportation bus into the city and back again . Expensive but would work out to the same a taxi with the exchange...so another option I guess.

Good luck on your search. I have yet to check with Princess Pacific if they offer shuttle to the city. Anyways, we want to go Roslyn Chapel and we are using Taxi all the way as it is cheaper than taking the ship's excursion.

Hi Cleobella

Which Port are you landing in Edinburgh? My cruise is in August and taking Pacific Princess my port will be Rosyth.

Check this website big help on all info and excursions http://www.cruiseforth.com

I have 2 days port stay in Edinburgh. I have arranged to go to Rosyth Castle on one of those days.

I try not to take the excursions offered by the cruise line as I find them too expensive.

Thank you for recommending cruise forth. We are volunteers and will be at the port (in our purple uniform) when you arrive. Are you sure you mean Rosyth castle and not Rosslyn Chapel? Rosyth Castle cannot be visited because it is in a dangerous condition.

NCL transport will be a lot more expensive than local transport. There are local buses from Newhaven to the city centre. They cost is £1.70 per person per trip. The bus stop is about 200 metres from where you disembark the tender. Taxis are plentiful in Edinburgh and if you want to pick one up from the port the volunteers will help you. It's really not far from Newhaven - maybe 15 minutes and probably cost around £12 in a taxi. up to 5 people. Most take credit cards and you will find some also take dollars

Need info on taxi. We will be on RC Brilliance. We will be tendered - South Queensferry. Would like to go to Edinburgh. Will there be taxis where we will be tendered to. Also would the taxis take a credit card?

Thank you for recommending cruise forth. We are volunteers and will be at the port (in our purple uniform) when you arrive. Are you sure you mean Rosyth castle and not Rosslyn Chapel? Rosyth Castle cannot be visited because it is in a dangerous condition.

I am getting confused! yes Roslyn Chapel - Dan Brown's Da Vinci code

When you say you are volunteers wearing purple uniforms what do you mean by that. What do you service?

When you say you are volunteers wearing purple uniforms what do you mean by that. What do you service?

That information is all in the ‘About Us’ section of the website that you recommended yourself...

“The volunteers of the Forth Bridges’ Tourist Group provide a warm welcome to cruise ship passengers for Edinburgh arriving at Rosyth, South Queensferry , Newhaven and Leith.

In March 2015 we were winners of the Visit Scotland Thistle Awards in the Warmest Welcome category

Our main interest is to promote the many local visitor attractions for those visitors who are looking for something different to do.

On some occasions we come on board ship with maps and local visitor leaflets to provide a Hospitality Desk. At Rosyth and Leith you will find us in the terminal building, and in South Queensferry we look forward to welcoming you as you arrive by tender from your ship. At Leith we are in the cruise terminal building. At Newhaven you will find us on the quayside. Look out for our purple uniforms and a sunny Scottish smile.”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is it easy to get a taxi from the Royal Mile back to South Queensferry?

It depends on time of day and time of year, but Edinburgh is well served by black cabs which can be hailed on the street (providing the light is on). There is a BIG BIG taxi rank just 5 minutes walk downhill from the Royal Mile. It is on Market Street behind the main railway station and you would get a cab immediately from there. Turn left down Cockburn Street (opposite Starbucks). You can check this out on Google maps.

That information is all in the ‘About Us’ section of the website that you recommended yourself...

“The volunteers of the Forth Bridges’ Tourist Group provide a warm welcome to cruise ship passengers for Edinburgh arriving at Rosyth, South Queensferry , Newhaven and Leith.

In March 2015 we were winners of the Visit Scotland Thistle Awards in the Warmest Welcome category

Our main interest is to promote the many local visitor attractions for those visitors who are looking for something different to do.

On some occasions we come on board ship with maps and local visitor leaflets to provide a Hospitality Desk. At Rosyth and Leith you will find us in the terminal building, and in South Queensferry we look forward to welcoming you as you arrive by tender from your ship. At Leith we are in the cruise terminal building. At Newhaven you will find us on the quayside. Look out for our purple uniforms and a sunny Scottish smile.”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much. Your Website has helped me a lot. I will definitely will meet and greet just to thank you personally. Can you confirm what the taxi company has recommended:

Taxi will pick us up from the port - we are a party of 7. Baxter cabs is offering:

Aug. 23

Rosyth to Hop on Hop hop off to pick up tickets - £45.00

They suggested to purchase ticket of Hop on Hop of tickets with skip the line entry for Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood and Britannia

Doable we can do all this for one day?

Edinburgh to Rosyth - £45.00

Aug. 24

Rosyth Roslin chapel and return - £140.00

Need info on taxi. We will be on RC Brilliance. We will be tendered - South Queensferry. Would like to go to Edinburgh. Will there be taxis where we will be tendered to. Also would the taxis take a credit card?

Same question. We are planning on taking the train, but if raining would like to know there will be cabs available.