Mobility issues

I hope someone can help I just had last minute Achilles’ tendon surgery and have to wear an air cast and be non weight baring as I’m struggling with crutches I have hired a mobility scooter for the cruise this restricts the excursions I can take. We are on Symphony and looking for excursions Rome Naples Capri or any others people can recommend. Thank you.

It's going to be difficult,, if you can't walk in those ports. None are very 'handicapped friendly".

Have you thought about a knee scooter? My friend couldn't use crutches, either, and the knee scooter really helped her!

I hope someone can help I just had last minute Achilles’ tendon surgery and have to wear an air cast and be non weight baring as I’m struggling with crutches I have hired a mobility scooter for the cruise this restricts the excursions I can take. We are on Symphony and looking for excursions Rome Naples Capri or any others people can recommend. Thank you.

You may also want to post this on the Italy port of call forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

I’m in a wheelchair and travel to Italy often. The scooter is good for the shop but it you really want to Maximize what you can see and do in port I would rent a foldable Manila wheelchair particular if you have someone to push you. A school is heavy and less portable. A manual wheelchair can be folded and fits into most trunks. I have done all of those ports of call in a manual wheelchairs. The more compact the the better as some door ways are small.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The excrusions posted on RCCL's website do not accomodate mobility scooters. You can contact RCCL's Special Needs Dept to inquire if any accessible tours are offered. If there are they're not cheap as you will be charge one flat fee for the van regardless if you have 2 people in your party or have 6. Your options are:

• Try to find private tours that can accomodate the mobility scooter.
  • As already suggested use a knee roller or a manuel foldig wheelchair ( not a transport chair) for tours.
  • Arrange for a taxi that will load the scooter in the trunk and you design your own tour with the taxi driver. The basic scooter rented by either SpecialNeedsatSeas or Scootaround which is either the Pride GoGo Sport or the Pride GoGo Elite Traveler dependingon the port. All Pride GoGo's regardless of he model breaks down into 4 pieces (5 including the basket). If you fast forward to the 54 sec. mark in this video link
    it shows how the gogo breaks down. Not the GoGo scooter shown in the video is not the same gogo model thatyou rented but it breaks down the same.