Seaside YC - cabin options?

mjonis

So moving (ha!) this over from the Carnival forum to here.

Anyway, another MSC guest and I were going back and forth about some stuff.

I know on the MSC Divina that YC is Suite only.

Or so I think (the newly re-designed website leaves much to be desired).

What about Seaside?

I was trying to see if they had a Balcony (non-Suite) YC, but every sailing I've clicked on (January 2019 - Feb. 2019) just says:

"this experience is only available for certain stateroom types"

Probably because YC is sold out all over the place, but hard to find out.

So, assuming Seaside had space, what YC options (since it's an "experience" not a room)?

Inside

Ocean View

Balcony

Suite

?

So,the YC is much more than a location or room type. It's an experience. MSC tiers cabins according to type AND experience. YC is the most exclusive experience. It includes a location insofar that you will have a cabin within the YC part of the ship, which is in the forward section of decks 16 and 18 on the Seaside. As far as I know, all cabins within the YC are considered suites... probably because they all - inside cabin, balcony cabin, or Royal Suite - come with the benefits of the YC experience, so butler, private concierge, exclusive restaurant, free drinks, private pool deck, a lot less people and much more. For all the specifics, you need to compare experiences on the MSC "compare experiences" table.

To answer your question:

YC has inside cabins, balcony cabins, and Royal suites (you know, bedroom, loving room, huge balcony with hot tub and some additional perks). Some of the non-YC suites are actually more expensive than, for example, the Inside YC cabin (suite).

Don't get hung up with the word suite, it has increasingly become misused in the cruise industry and MSC is typically bad about it. A true suite should have a separate bedroom from living room - with a door between them. The word first comes into play on Seaside with the Aurea suites. They are not true suites and are no different than an Aurea balcony stateroom except they have a larger balcony (and some have a small whirlpool on the balcony). Then you see it used again with Grand suites, unfortunately some of those aren't true suites either. Once at the Yacht Club level everything is called a suite; interiors, balconies (deluxe) and the Royals. Only the two Royals are true suites. On Seaside the Yacht Club is a well defined key card private access area with all YC cabins within this private area. Fantasia class ships like Divina have a few YC cabins outside the private area, but they do have access to it.

So if you want the Yacht Club experience on Seaside your choices are: YC interior "suites" which are listed as larger than regular interior staterooms - that claim is debatable to me, but they do have a few nicer amenities. YC Deluxe "suites" are significantly larger than most other balcony staterooms and have better amenities. YC Royal suites are the largest in the YC and are true suites.

Thanks all!

I finally found the spot on MSC website to be able to search Seaside cruises by cabin type.

Too bad Divina doesn't have the "Deluxe suite". The Seaside itineraries don't appeal to me as it's the same ports I've already been to (although the pricing is decent, in that a YC Deluxe Suite is about $2,000 per person).

Divina has a wonderful 11 night cruise but all sold out now I think. When it was available was closer to $4,000 per person (ouch). But that's the only way I'll ever step foot on that ship again (looks like they still haven't fixed the majority of the issues we had problems with before).

Maybe eventually Seaside will do some different itineraries, though, and I'll try to save up a little extra in the next few years. Just hard to justify $8,000 for an 11 night cruise, IMO. I know, compared to Haven, it's cheaper. But I wouldn't pay $5,000 per person for a 7-night cruise either. LOL.

More power to anyone who can afford it though (not disparaging anyone who can and does). Just too expensive for my beer budget.

:)

Thanks all!

I finally found the spot on MSC website to be able to search Seaside cruises by cabin type.

Too bad Divina doesn't have the "Deluxe suite". The Seaside itineraries don't appeal to me as it's the same ports I've already been to (although the pricing is decent, in that a YC Deluxe Suite is about $2,000 per person).

Divina has a wonderful 11 night cruise but all sold out now I think. When it was available was closer to $4,000 per person (ouch). But that's the only way I'll ever step foot on that ship again (looks like they still haven't fixed the majority of the issues we had problems with before).

Maybe eventually Seaside will do some different itineraries, though, and I'll try to save up a little extra in the next few years. Just hard to justify $8,000 for an 11 night cruise, IMO. I know, compared to Haven, it's cheaper. But I wouldn't pay $5,000 per person for a 7-night cruise either. LOL.

More power to anyone who can afford it though (not disparaging anyone who can and does). Just too expensive for my beer budget.

:)

Hopefully some itinerary changes will allow you to cruise on MSC.... I can understand your reasoning. Our reasoning is the exact opposite...we cruise for the ship and its amenities (i.e Carnival Havana; MSC Yacht Club)..not the ports. If it was the later we would have stopped cruising 10 years ago....LOL

So moving (ha!) this over from the Carnival forum to here.

Anyway, another MSC guest and I were going back and forth about some stuff.

I know on the MSC Divina that YC is Suite only.

Or so I think (the newly re-designed website leaves much to be desired).

What about Seaside?

I was trying to see if they had a Balcony (non-Suite) YC, but every sailing I've clicked on (January 2019 - Feb. 2019) just says:

"this experience is only available for certain stateroom types"

Probably because YC is sold out all over the place, but hard to find out.

So, assuming Seaside had space, what YC options (since it's an "experience" not a room)?

Inside

Ocean View

Balcony

Suite

?

Everything in the YC area is a suite, insides and balcony and the royal suite.