Viking Sky snags a primo docking location in Barcelona!

dln929

Next week will mark the 4th time we've been on a Viking cruise that docks in Barcelona and the 1st time we've been lucky enough to get the World Trade Center berth at the foot of Las Ramblas. Soooooo happy!! The fact that we've always been over the bridge at Moll Adossat has been my one disappointment about Barcelona with Viking. I thought that being a smaller ship would automatically put us at WWC like Azamara. It's such a wonderful location and makes getting on an off the ship so easy. I feel like we have just won the lottery! Thank you port authority gods for being so nice to us!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

On our overnight in Barcelona at the end of the Trade Routes of the Middle Ages this October, we don't dock until 1:00 PM. This gives us only a short time to tour that day before disembarking the next morning. I would be SO delighted to find us in your same location. Fingers crossed.

This is great news! Now I’m wondering if we can drop off our luggage early in the morning and not have to swing by our hotel midday to transfer it to the ship.

Has anyone dropped off luggage at their ship before 11 am? Or is that frowned upon?

This is great news! Now I’m wondering if we can drop off our luggage early in the morning and not have to swing by our hotel midday to transfer it to the ship.

Has anyone dropped off luggage at their ship before 11 am? Or is that frowned upon?

It isn't frowned on but you have to depend on the left luggage desk being being open when you want to stop by.

Next week will mark the 4th time we've been on a Viking cruise that docks in Barcelona and the 1st time we've been lucky enough to get the World Trade Center berth at the foot of Las Ramblas. Soooooo happy!! The fact that we've always been over the bridge at Moll Adossat has been my one disappointment about Barcelona with Viking. I thought that being a smaller ship would automatically put us at WWC like Azamara. It's such a wonderful location and makes getting on an off the ship so easy. I feel like we have just won the lottery! Thank you port authority gods for being so nice to us!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

<<fireworks>> <<champagne corks>> <<fireworks>>

When we were embarking in San Juan, we walked up to the entrance at 9:45. While the door was shut, they opened up for us to drop off our bags. Told us to take an hour or two to enjoy the area. We did.

Ground services in the various ports are not controlled by Viking. Each port is different, so just because it happened that way in San Juan does not mean that it will happen that way in Barcelona. In Barcelona, you will go through TSA type screening each time you enter the terminal building, before you even get to the check-in desks.

I really do have to say that I think trying to drop bags at the ship before you go off touring for the day will take up more time than leaving them at the hotel and coming back for them. I say this because I think that dropping them at the port has too many un-controllable variables, too many things that you can't control.

We dropped off our bags in Barcelona at approximately 8 AM or so. We went straight from the airport. The prior cruise was still disembarking. There was absolutely no problem at all dropping them off. We then took a taxi downtown and had tickets to Sagrada at 11 AM I believe.

We dropped off our bags in Barcelona at approximately 8 AM or so. We went straight from the airport. The prior cruise was still disembarking. There was absolutely no problem at all dropping them off. We then took a taxi downtown and had tickets to Sagrada at 11 AM I believe.

Excellent, thanks! We may do this. We have tickets for the Palau de la Musica at 11, and with the new docking location it would be nice not to have to swing by the hotel afterward. We’ll see how energetic we are that morning.

Excellent, thanks! We may do this. We have tickets for the Palau de la Musica at 11, and with the new docking location it would be nice not to have to swing by the hotel afterward. We’ll see how energetic we are that morning.

Hi, which sailing are you taking? We are on April 21 Med Odyssey. We moved to AZ from Michigan, Grand Blanc.

Hi, which sailing are you taking? We are on April 21 Med Odyssey. We moved to AZ from Michigan, Grand Blanc.

Go, Michigan! Except we had more snow yesterday, which I’m sure you miss terribly. :P

We’re doing Trade Routes of the Middle Ages, starting THIS SATURDAY!!

One more thought: we had a fabulous guide in Lisbon: Paulo; he is with Lisbon Explorers. He arranged a wonderful port, cheese, and meat tasting for us. Still keep in touch with him years later.

One more thought: we had a fabulous guide in Lisbon: Paulo; he is with Lisbon Explorers. He arranged a wonderful port, cheese, and meat tasting for us. Still keep in touch with him years later.
Small world! We had Paulo too, back in 2012 when we were on Royal Caribbean. I remember him well. Lisbon Explorers had just added our tour to their offerings and Paulo asked us if we wanted to be his guinea pigs as he was still tweaking the route. For over 3 hours he took us up and down the hills of Lisbon. Great memory!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app