Ordering custom food from luminae

Airrace

I heard other people talk about ordering food not on the menu at the luminae. They claimed to have given 24 hours notice and as long as they had they had the items to make it.

Has anyone else experienced this on Celebrity while traveling in a suite?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last year my assigned server, Shiv, on Reflection would sometimes make suggestions as to what I might like and twice I said yes, he said he would get the kitchen to make those for me the following night. One night it was Chicken Curry and also with a side of lentils cooked East Indian style. They were delicious. On another night it was Pad Thai but it came without meat, so I got him to get a side of shrimps etc for me to add to it. He was a fabulous server. I heard some passengers complained about their servers in Luminae but I think they were just whiners.. :). These servers would sometimes came over to make sure I received timely assistance when Shiv was busy with other tables, and we think they were great too.

If you want something different, you can discuss with your server. I really do not have a need to have something different and Shiv was the one who made suggestions as to what he thought I might enjoy.

I heard other people talk about ordering food not on the menu at the luminae. They claimed to have given 24 hours notice and as long as they had they had the items to make it.

I eat vegetarian and the veggie burger available upstairs is not real tasty. I asked whether the Luminae chef might do a veggie burger for one of our sea day lunches, also asked about having a simple pasta with garlic and olive oil. Both requests were honored on both Equinox and Summit. And the resulting veggie burgers have been great! Beyond those off menu requests, I've never been disappointed with regular menu choices in Luminae.

Last year my assigned server, Shiv, on Reflection would sometimes make suggestions as to what I might like and twice I said yes, he said he would get the kitchen to make those for me the following night. One night it was Chicken Curry and also with a side of lentils cooked East Indian style. They were delicious. On another night it was Pad Thai but it came without meat, so I got him to get a side of shrimps etc for me to add to it. He was a fabulous server. I heard some passengers complained about their servers in Luminae but I think they were just whiners.. :). These servers would sometimes came over to make sure I received timely assistance when Shiv was busy with other tables, and we think they were great too.

If you want something different, you can discuss with your server. I really do not have a need to have something different and Shiv was the one who made suggestions as to what he thought I might enjoy.

Maybe they were too busy with you.;);)

I don't know that I'd call it 'custom' food, but we have certainly asked for and received appetizers or entrees that were available elsewhere on the ship that were not on the Luminae menu. Carpaccio and calamari for example. 24 hours notice was requested.

We have had many special meals in luminae which we asked for and also were suggested by the sever or the MD. We have had crab legs, schnitzel, chopino, lobster, soups, deserts you name it. We have never been told no. Love Luminae.

I've received off menu entrees in the MDR and Blu. I've had some casual conversations with Executive Chefs and they have suggested I try something that they would like to prepare. I mentioned to one Chef that I couldn't eat the chicken cordon bleu since it included ham. He told me that his wife is Jewish and he substitutes Turkey for ham. It was very, very good.

I've received off menu entrees in the MDR and Blu. I've had some casual conversations with Executive Chefs and they have suggested I try something that they would like to prepare. I mentioned to one Chef that I couldn't eat the chicken cordon bleu since it included ham. He told me that his wife is Jewish and he substitutes Turkey for ham. It was very, very good.

Wouldn't the no meat with dairy rule still apply?

Is this a thing in Blu too, or just Luminae?