Changing aus dollars to euros

Seachange12

Where is best place to exchange before traveling? Want to have some currency on hand before we travel..possibly convert $2000. Thanks for advice.

Not quite sure how your banks work, i.e. ATM fees/conversion fees. In the U.S. the best way to get Euro is by using a Bank ATM in Europe. My particular bank charges no ATM fees, no conversion fees, and I get the interbank rate for the day of the transaction. That's the best way, but if you want to feel warm and fuzzy with some Euro when you arrive, check with your bank to get a minimal amount of Euro, but be aware of the fees/transaction fees. Check with your bank to find out all the details.

Travel money Oz and Travelex are your best options. You can order your money online and select a date to collect it from your nearest agent. You can also enquire at your local bank or Post Office. Failing that, try the airport before you fly out.

We've always found the best option is to order from Travelex online ( you pay no commission online). Then pick it up at the airport when we fly out. Best to order a few days in advance. In Melbourne we normally collect it after customs, just so we know we don't get stuck outside or in customs. Not sure what airport yous are flying out of.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Our option has been to order online with Australia Post (they actually use Travelex and have no commission either). Pick up in a few days at the Post Office of your choice. That way you can have it in your hands before starting off on your travels.

We do a search online for best rates then use one. So last trip was best at a city exchange, trip,before the post office. However we got a much better rate using a atm when we got there. We put a conversion free credit card into credit so that we don’t get charged fees etc. I’m always worried in case I t doesn’t work so I always get some before we go

Sent from my iPad using Forums