Hotel Transfer from port or Private Car Service?

vacation_mommy

We are arranging transfer from the port of Civittechia to our hotel in rome, then later in the week from the hotel to the airport. For a fee, our hotel will arrange a driver for us, but they would coordinate the entire thing. Or - we could arrange a private transfer on our own with Rome in Limo or Miles & Miles for about 10 Euros less each way. What would you do? Not sure which would be more reliable....

Rome in Limo has a HUGE thread of recommendations...just down the board. I don't think there is an issue with reliability. Certainly hasn't been with the 8 time we have used them.

Your hotel is just using some other vendor, probably one frequently mentioned here.

Rome in Limo has a HUGE thread of recommendations...just down the board. I don't think there is an issue with reliability. Certainly hasn't been with the 8 time we have used them.

Your hotel is just using some other vendor, probably one frequently mentioned here.

Yep - only considering Rome in Limo and Miles because of all the reviews and recommendations. I guess my question is probably more along the lines of is there an advantage of booking with the hotel instead of a private company.

I will be in Rome before and after our cruise in a few weeks. We are using RomeCabs for our transfer from Rome to the port, from the port back into Rome and then from the apartment where we are staying to the Airport.

They have great reviews and recommendations on the CC boards. Great communications answering all of the my questions. All of the transfer companies prices are typically very close in price.

Sorry to hijack this post but need a question answered.

I have booked with Rome Shuttle Limousine for (4) trips; Airport pick up to hotel day before Embarkation, Rome Hotel to Port, Port to Rome Hotel and then Hotel to Airport...plus a night tour one night while in Rome after the cruise.

My question is to anyone with knowledge...can the Limo company car (Van) take us straight to the ship? It seems that from a Port map I saw, there is a Shuttle from the parking lot to the ship? is that correct? We will be boarding for Yacht club if that makes a difference. Husband noticed it on a map and asked if we were going straight to the ship or if we need to switch from the hired car to a Shuttle to the ship. Your advice is appreciated this is our First Med cruise, first MSC cruise and First Yacht club cruise all rolled up into one experience.

Sorry to hijack this post but need a question answered.

I have booked with Rome Shuttle Limousine for (4) trips; Airport pick up to hotel day before Embarkation, Rome Hotel to Port, Port to Rome Hotel and then Hotel to Airport...plus a night tour one night while in Rome after the cruise.

My question is to anyone with knowledge...can the Limo company car (Van) take us straight to the ship? It seems that from a Port map I saw, there is a Shuttle from the parking lot to the ship? is that correct? We will be boarding for Yacht club if that makes a difference. Husband noticed it on a map and asked if we were going straight to the ship or if we need to switch from the hired car to a Shuttle to the ship. Your advice is appreciated this is our First Med cruise, first MSC cruise and First Yacht club cruise all rolled up into one experience.

Hi, you did not get your answer yet ..... so I will try. We cruised our from Civitavecchis ( and back) last year in July. Our transfer company's van ( private transfer) could get us directly to the ship and picked us up at the ship. There were many other vans , cars that were doing the same ....... but some did not have access to the ships and they only took their passengers ( or picked them up) at the port entrance. So not every vehicle can enter the port. I do not know who can and who can not. Check with the transfer company that you hired and ask - they will know if they have access . It is very convenient to be picked up at the ship.

Hi, you did not get your answer yet ..... so I will try. We cruised our from Civitavecchis ( and back) last year in July. Our transfer company's van ( private transfer) could get us directly to the ship and picked us up at the ship. There were many other vans , cars that were doing the same ....... but some did not have access to the ships and they only took their passengers ( or picked them up) at the port entrance. So not every vehicle can enter the port. I do not know who can and who can not. Check with the transfer company that you hired and ask - they will know if they have access . It is very convenient to be picked up at the ship.

Thank you! this is the exact info I needed - I will email and ask if they have Port access.