Oasis of the Seas Star Class Room 1720

The21p

We have stayed in 1720. Great suite with tons of room..especially on the balcony. We tend to like this space better on Oasis than on Harmony. The tv in the bedroom loft is mounted on the railing instead of retracting from the ceiling. This suite is filled with light. It’s one of the reasons we like it so much. There are many tours of this room on the video share sites...just type in OASIS 1720. Same as the CC search function. Have fun in STAR CLASS...it’s a great way to cruise.

Has anyone stayed in this room, and where can I find pics and reviews thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Great suite, the balcony is MASSIVE. I also like that you have a corner view, so the sports deck on one side with the ocean on the other. Suite quite a bit bigger than the standard CLS which I find to be oddly claustrophobic (narrow walls).

One thing is that if you're sharing with someone downstairs (common in this room), there is no real curtain between the bedroom and living room below - only a sheer. This is the same as the CLS, but I think more people share this room as a family, so it can be a little... revealing. RLS (1740) mercifully has a regular curtain.

I stayed in this room on the Allure in February and will be staying in this room on the Oasis in Aug. It is an amazing room. You can google it and there is a youtube video. It is a copy of 1720 on the Allure so you can google that as well. My favorite part was the balcony. It was huge! I loved that you had an aft view and an ocean view. My favorite thing was to relax in the sun in the morning and afternoon. I loved hearing the music and watching all the action. The upstair's bed is amazing! The downstairs is just the couch and is not comfortable. The bathrooms are identical and contain the 2 heads on opposite ends and a rain shower head in the center with a single sink. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer.

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2018 at 3:28 PM, amybk27 said:

I stayed in this room on the Allure in February and will be staying in this room on the Oasis in Aug. It is an amazing room. You can google it and there is a youtube video. It is a copy of 1720 on the Allure so you can google that as well. My favorite part was the balcony. It was huge! I loved that you had an aft view and an ocean view. My favorite thing was to relax in the sun in the morning and afternoon. I loved hearing the music and watching all the action. The upstair's bed is amazing! The downstairs is just the couch and is not comfortable. The bathrooms are identical and contain the 2 heads on opposite ends and a rain shower head in the center with a single sink. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer.

I have a question for you.  We stayed in a loft suite on the Anthem.  That suite faced the stern, so there was a beautiful view and plenty of privacy.  Did you feel any lack of privacy in 1720?  Was there noticeable noise from the public areas below? 

21 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

I have a question for you.  We stayed in a loft suite on the Anthem.  That suite faced the stern, so there was a beautiful view and plenty of privacy.  Did you feel any lack of privacy in 1720?  Was there noticeable noise from the public areas below? 

You are completely visible from the sports deck only if you are on the balcony.  It wasn't an issue for me at all.  Most people are not on the sports deck until at least 9 when things open, and it is up above them.  The room is quiet, but it is loud on the balcony.  I loved having the music and especially loved the view.  I had the ocean to my left, and the sports deck.  I loved having something to watch.  I spent so much time on the balcony.  It is not for everyone though.  

On 4/17/2018 at 3:28 PM, amybk27 said:

Still trying to convince DW that we should book this cabin.  She's concerned about the lack of privacy.  Another curious thing is that 1720 is currently available all summer '20, while other suites (royal loft, owners panoramic, and grand panoramic ) are not.  Strange.  Is RCL holding back on the others???

We’ve always booked 1718 but we wouldn’t hesitate to book 1720 if it was the only one available.  We booked 1718 originally because it was the only one available for our date and now we just keep booking it because we liked it, so why change.

As for the other suites not being available, are you just looking on Royal’s website?  I have seen all the other suites available (except maybe the Royal Loft) during summer 2020 on Oasis, but I use a travel agent site.  On Royal’s website some of the Star class suites don’t show available because you have to call in when there is only 1 room left in a category and all those Star class rooms are considered their own category, which means there is only ever 1 available, so you need to call in or look on a travel agent site.  I also know 1718 is available for some weeks during summer 2020 because I’ve been looking at booking it or one of the Panoramics.

Good luck!

8 hours ago, jessandtwo said:

We’ve always booked 1718 but we wouldn’t hesitate to book 1720 if it was the only one available.  We booked 1718 originally because it was the only one available for our date and now we just keep booking it because we liked it, so why change.

As for the other suites not being available, are you just looking on Royal’s website?  I have seen all the other suites available (except maybe the Royal Loft) during summer 2020 on Oasis, but I use a travel agent site.  On Royal’s website some of the Star class suites don’t show available because you have to call in when there is only 1 room left in a category and all those Star class rooms are considered their own category, which means there is only ever 1 available, so you need to call in or look on a travel agent site.  I also know 1718 is available for some weeks during summer 2020 because I’ve been looking at booking it or one of the Panoramics.

Good luck!

Have tried one travel agent site. Nothing showing.  Will try to call Royal next.  Never used a travel agent.  Always booked directly through the cruise line.  This time we need to.

22 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Still trying to convince DW that we should book this cabin.  She's concerned about the lack of privacy.  Another curious thing is that 1720 is currently available all summer '20, while other suites (royal loft, owners panoramic, and grand panoramic ) are not.  Strange.  Is RCL holding back on the others???

I would really try to convince her.  I love it so much.  The views are amazing and the room is amazing!