Is it worth sacrificing cabin location for an Aqua Class stateroom?

Canadian Cruiser98

For our sailing this June, there's just been a price drop that would allow us to upgrade from our Concierge cabins to Aqua Class at no extra charge.

However, our current cabins, 1247 and 1249, are in what I understand is a fairly desirable location, located between 2 decks of cabins, close to the aft elevators and on the aft slant, with larger than average balconies.

The available Aqua Class cabins, 1518 and 1520, are on the straight part of the forward "hump". Though it'd be nice to be so close to the pool deck, my two primary concerns about this location is that the pool deck above will cause noise issues, and that these 2 cabins, unlike our current ones, are not connecting. There's also the fact that they don't have that extra balcony space.

I've read up on some of the Aqua Class benefits, and it seems like access to Blu and the Persian Garden are the biggest standouts. Do you think this switch would be worth it considering the change in location? I'd love to hear from anyone with experience sailing in this class of cabin.

P.S. Sorry for the long paragraph :D

I can't answer from my prior experience of being in that type of cabin, but can tell you that I switched from our Aqua class cabins to a regular Veranda one after realizing that we would be under the pool deck. I'm a light sleeper and want to be between cabins above and below me. I regretted giving up access to Blu, but figured that the money we saved by switching could be used for Specialty Dining if we wanted. To me, cabin location was a higher priority.

We switched from deck 8 on the slant to 1574 on the Silhouette for the same reason you are considering doing it. Yes, we gave up a bigger balcony but we really wanted to try Aqua and BLU. We really enjoyed it and it was worth it for us. We were under the pool deck but rarely heard any noise, just some occasional scraping sounds in the AM as they were setting up for the day. If I had the chance, I would do it again in a heart beat.

You won't be under the pool, you'll be under the gym, just at the part where the beauty salon ends and the treadmills start so it's hard to say if you'd get a lot of overhead noise. We've often stayed in that same group of cabins, only a little further aft because we like to avoid being under the overhang and the pool. You've got an easy trek to Persian Gardens, there's a spiral staircase almost outside your cabin door that will take you there. And then there's Blu, our primary reason for booking Aqua Class. The biggest downside is the lack of a bigger balcony but personally, I'd go for Aqua Class.

We had the opportunity to upgrade from our sweet sixteen to aqua on our upcoming Summit sailing for no additional cost. The location was under the deck 10 overhang vs having a double sized balcony. I opted to stay put. The balcony is more important to me than Persian Gardens or Blu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't check whether these cabins were on an S class or M class ship.

If on S class:

Just sailed in the cabin just aft of these. Had zero noise issues from above. Definitely no pool noise and no other noise either. Do not recommend the cabin I was in as it had a nice bigger, angled balcony but the window washing equipment was right outside our balcony. Ugh! Annoying. But except for that we loved the location. Very handy to the front elevators which are much, much less busy than the center elevators except for right when a show ends. I would be very surprised if the first cabin next to ours, without the angled balcony, would have any noise as we heard zero. But if you look aft from that cabin, you will also see the window washing equipment - just not directly in front of your face

I don’t see the ship or class named BUT if it’s eclipse or similar we have stayed in that cabin and really liked it.

You are directly across from the “secret staircase” up to the spa so Persian gardens can’t be more convenient. It’s a short walk to the elevator and everything else. The pool and solarium are also one deck up.

It’s only inconvenient for the mdr at the rear of the ship.

No noise issues that I recall.

For our sailing this June, there's just been a price drop that would allow us to upgrade from our Concierge cabins to Aqua Class at no extra charge.

However, our current cabins, 1247 and 1249, are in what I understand is a fairly desirable location, located between 2 decks of cabins, close to the aft elevators and on the aft slant, with larger than average balconies.

The available Aqua Class cabins, 1518 and 1520, are on the straight part of the forward "hump". Though it'd be nice to be so close to the pool deck, my two primary concerns about this location is that the pool deck above will cause noise issues, and that these 2 cabins, unlike our current ones, are not connecting. There's also the fact that they don't have that extra balcony space.

I've read up on some of the Aqua Class benefits, and it seems like access to Blu and the Persian Garden are the biggest standouts. Do you think this switch would be worth it considering the change in location? I'd love to hear from anyone with experience sailing in this class of cabin.

P.S. Sorry for the long paragraph :D

It is totally your call (kind of a tough decision!)....Blue, Persian Gardens, not so good location vs. concierge perks and good location. To look at it one way, can always buy Spa pass, but can't buy Blue dining if that means a lot. Good luck with whatever you decide.

It is totally your call (kind of a tough decision!)....Blue, Persian Gardens, not so good location vs. concierge perks and good location. To look at it one way, can always buy Spa pass, but can't buy Blue dining if that means a lot. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I agree - you can always purchase access to the Persian Garden, and even specialty dining if you aren't happy with the MDR from concierge class. However, a mid-ship location may be more important if you are sensitive to seasickness and there are rough waters.

I think it depends on what you value more (dining in Blu vs. spacious balcony and mid-ship location).

I've sailed in both Aqua and concierge (my stateroom of choice). I didn't find Blu worth the additional cost - there's a lot of positive threads about Blu on CC, but I didn't find it better than the MDR. In your case there is no additional cost,which is a plus.

I quickly checked out the eclipse deck plans (not sure what ship the OP is on) but it looks like the 1518 room could be under the treadmills? Possible noise?

The equinox is similar to eclipse, so personal experience tells me it’s a good cabin, good location, great restaurant.

To recap: relaxation room just down the hall, secret staircase to Persian gardens right outside your door, not far from the elevators to the solarium and pools one deck up. Pool bar and mast grill are a one minute trip.

Close to theater for shows and sky lounge.

Your only walk is to the buffet and Blu, and a little walk is a good thing lol.

This is one of our favorite locations on the ship (second to aft view Aqua on M class) and we are booked in that same area next cruise.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

The equinox is similar to eclipse, so personal experience tells me it’s a good cabin, good location, great restaurant.

To recap: relaxation room just down the hall, secret staircase to Persian gardens right outside your door, not far from the elevators to the solarium and pools one deck up. Pool bar and mast grill are a one minute trip.

Close to theater for shows and sky lounge.

Your only walk is to the buffet and Blu, and a little walk is a good thing lol.

This is one of our favorite locations on the ship (second to aft view Aqua on M class) and we are booked in that same area next cruise.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Do you remember if the balcony divider on this particular pair of cabins opens? I've noticed from pictures that the metal struts from deck 12's overhang sometimes block the balcony divider from being opened on deck 11 balconies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Regarding motion issues in that location ( as stated previously I just stayed in the cabin just aft of those). I am very sensitive to motion. There is, in fact, a bit more motion in a cabin that far forward as compared to mid-ship but the difference is not significant. There is also more motion the higher floor you go - to me that is more noticeable. I find I can handle it fine sometimes with meds as necessary. If you are very sensitive to motion and it is not controlled well with the usual solutions/meds, you may want to pick a cabin more mid-ship on a lower floor. If you are evaluating this, also keep in mind how many sea days as that may impact your decision.