Must do Dining Experience on the Allure Question

I've asked this on another board, but I am also asking here. For those of you who have sailed the Allure of the Seas before, what are the must experience dishes and restaurants?

I realize this is a personal opinion and varies from person to person, but if you were to sail on the Allure, which food experiences are a must do.

Thank you.

I've asked this on another board, but I am also asking here. For those of you who have sailed the Allure of the Seas before, what are the must experience dishes and restaurants?

I realize this is a personal opinion and varies from person to person, but if you were to sail on the Allure, which food experiences are a must do.

Thank you.

If you're with anything larger than a couple. I'd definitely do Izumi hibachi. It's very similar to what you find at Benihana and it's a very fun dining experience.

150 Central Park is also excellent.

Giovannis's is pretty good. The lasagna, which is available but not listed on the menu for dinner, is stellar.

Chops is always the most mediocre to me. Nothing stands out. The steak at Samba is better.

If you're with anything larger than a couple. I'd definitely do Izumi hibachi. It's very similar to what you find at Benihana and it's a very fun dining experience.

150 Central Park is also excellent.

Giovannis's is pretty good. The lasagna, which is available but not listed on the menu for dinner, is stellar.

Chops is always the most mediocre to me. Nothing stands out. The steak at Samba is better.

I am a sushi freak (being part Japanese and having lived in Japan). Not much of a teppanyaki fan. I feel it is more show than the meal but would perhaps my MIL and DW would enjoy it. If so I will go, or let them go and sit at the sushi bar.

Are you able to have sushi delivered to the suite?

My favorite is the Rib Eye steak in Chops. My next fav restaurant would be Samba. I like the various choices of meat and the side dishes were good too.

I haven't tried Hibachi on the ship yet, but plan to on my next cruise. I do enjoy the Teppanyaki at home, so I think it should be good with the availability of lobster and scallops.

I have been to Giovanni's a couple of times and didn't like it. Both times I had the filet and it was good, but the rest of the things served with it weren't worth the money. Once I had the Pasta Carbonara and it was my own fault, but I didn't realize that there would be a poached egg on top of it. I've never had it served that way and didn't like it.

Another time I had the bucatini with Bolognese. The pasta was so undercooked, it was almost hard. The sauce was quite sweet. I have had both of these items other places, including at home and these at Giovanni's were very disappointing.

I'd love to try 150, but I can't talk anyone that I sail with to try that restaurant. I think the food is a bit "too fancy" for them and they are also picky eaters. They aren't into trying anything different than what they know they like. That's why none of them would ever go to the Chef's table either. I love them all, but having a sense of adventure with food isn't their thing.

My favorite is the Rib Eye steak in Chops. My next fav restaurant would be Samba. I like the various choices of meat and the side dishes were good too.

I haven't tried Hibachi on the ship yet, but plan to on my next cruise. I do enjoy the Teppanyaki at home, so I think it should be good with the availability of lobster and scallops.

I have been to Giovanni's a couple of times and didn't like it. Both times I had the filet and it was good, but the rest of the things served with it weren't worth the money. Once I had the Pasta Carbonara and it was my own fault, but I didn't realize that there would be a poached egg on top of it. I've never had it served that way and didn't like it.

Another time I had the bucatini with Bolognese. The pasta was so undercooked, it was almost hard. The sauce was quite sweet. I have had both of these items other places, including at home and these at Giovanni's were very disappointing.

I'd love to try 150, but I can't talk anyone that I sail with to try that restaurant. I think the food is a bit "too fancy" for them and they are also picky eaters. They aren't into trying anything different than what they know they like. That's why none of them would ever go to the Chef's table either. I love them all, but having a sense of adventure with food isn't their thing.

I'll go by myself if I have to in order to try new foods and places.

My wife want to go give Giovanni's a try so I'm looking at the dishes people really enjoy. Thanks for the heads up on the Bolognese.

Thanks for the tip for Chops. I'm thinking we will visit them on our first night.. How are their dry aged steaks. Were you able to try those?

Edited by toyman55
Addition