Haugesund

Bennybluehat

Do you have any recommendations as to how to spend the day?

My wife and I went into town on the shuttle bus but I went back to the ship after half an hour. My wife came back three hours later after doing 'some shopping' I found the place boring but my wife loved it.

I was happy being on board drinking coffee and watching the world go by.

Do you have any recommendations as to how to spend the day?

We also got the shuttle into town then walked up to a monument called Haraldshaugen. We must have picked up a map at the tourist office and followed that. It was quite an interesting walk through a residential area (I'm quite nosy so liked seeing something of the local area) then we followed the water for a while to the monument which was in an elevated position with some views.

The waterfront area back in town near the sweeping bridge which you come over from the port is quite attractive. We had a drink there.

It's a pretty low key stop which was OK - we did have good weather though. I'd have to think hard about what to do on another occasion if we went - almost certainly take an excursion.

Our least favourite place on our Fjords cruise we walked across the bridge into the town about 15 min looked around nearly missed a shopping centre just up behaving the main street. Was back on board for lunch after about 2 hours not a lot to do here.

It’s the only stop this year I am not looking forward to. I wish we were going to Bergen instead, which we loved last year. With a lot of googling, I’ve really struggled to find anything of interest, even excursion wise. I’ve ended up booking the trip to Skudenhaven (spelling?) so at least we’ll get to see sone countryside.