Upgrade Fairy Called!! WooHoo!

wemjam

Ok, so actually emailed not called

So 30 cruises and I finally got the upgrade fairy call! Happy Dance.

Our August booking 4 days on the Conquest... got upgraded from inside room to Balcony, and on the high deck 10 like we love - $148 total!

Snapped it up in a heartbeat!

Maybe that's what I have been doing wrong all along. We always book balcony rooms or better from the get-go, but decided to throw in a 3rd cruise this year "down and dirty" and went with an inside room... and bam! - Upgrade offer 1 week after booking.

:D

Our August booking 4 days on the Conquest... got upgraded from inside room to Balcony, and on the high deck 10 like we love - $148 total!

Maybe that's what I have been doing wrong all along. We always book balcony rooms or better from the get-go, but decided to throw in a 3rd cruise this year "down and dirty" and went with an inside room... and bam! - Upgrade offer 1 week after booking.

way to go on the upgrade!! enjoy!!

I got an email today, too. $52 to upgrade from a Cove balcony to Balcony on Deck 11. We didn't take it because this is our first time trying a Cove balcony and don't want to give it up! LOL

Very Nice!!

Did you book with a PVA or a TA??

Yea, we always book a balcony and never have gotten an upgrade opportunity. I'm pretty sure if we book an interior...we'll be in an interior.:o

Very Nice!!

Yea, we always book a balcony and never have gotten an upgrade opportunity. I'm pretty sure if we book an interior...we'll be in an interior.:o

If they booked with a TA, they would not have gotten the offer via a direct email because if you book with a TA, all communication goes to the TA and Carnival will not speak with you directly.

If they booked with a TA, they would not have gotten the offer via a direct email because if you book with a TA, all communication goes to the TA and Carnival will not speak with you directly.

Normally I would agree but in our case, no. We had six cabins booked on the Empress Deck through a TA. One day I was looking at our booking on the Carnival site and noticed that they had us in different cabins than what we had booked. I called our TA to see what was going on. She had no idea and said she would call Carnival.

She got back with me and said that one of our cabins was for three guys. Carnival changed that cabin to only hold two. Carnival then called the first couple alphabetically in our group and ask if it was OK to upgrade all six cabins to the Panorama deck. They agreed. Had I not looked at our booking online, we never would have known it because that couple never mentioned it to anyone. So Carnival does in fact deal with people who have booked through a TA. At least they did for us on that cruise.

Very Nice!!

We have a PVP with Carnival we use (great guy!)

The only other "upgrade" we got wasn't an offer, but we had booked an inside "guaranteed room" on another "down and dirty" cruise one year, and actually ended up being assigned an ocean view room.

Oh crap! Yes I would have grabbed that as well. I got an email as well but the offer was not good for next April Hawaii. We declined but hopefully hear mb again still got a year!

ENJOY!!!

We got an upsell offer yesterday of $46pp for the Magic on April 21st to move to a balcony on deck 9 or 10. Confused since we had already accepted an $20pp upsell from a balcony on deck 7 to a balcony on deck 11 about 3 months ago.

We are sailing the same date, 9 days to go! Anyhow I upgraded ourselves to guarantee balcony. We received a cove balcony. I was surprised to read your post I thought the cruise was fully booked. Did you take the upgrade or decline it?