Pride Waterslide:Any Update??

vaitape

hmmmmmm, what's the deal here? Any idea if/when the slide will re-open? And what are the contributing factors for the closure of the slide anyway? Thanks!

I mean really - how long can it take to repair a freakin' slide? This is not rocket science here (at least, I don't think so! ;) )

Anyone have any idea on when it will be up and running again?

Makes sense about closing it in bad weather but that means that the slide had been opened in the first place!!! From reports on this board, the slide on the Pride has been closed for MONTHS (as in maybe almost a year now). What's the deal?

My post maybe deleted and I am just looking for info. If this is the wrong place to ask I apologize. My husband and I have an appt to see a 90 min. presentation from Vacation Tours USA. They will give us a free voucher for 2 for a 3 day cruise on Carnival or RCCL, including airfare. We have looked them up on the BBB and they have a good rep. However, I want to know if anyone has ever used vouchers like this and how difficult it is.

You may e-mail me if you wish.......so CC narators........don't mean to ruffle any feathers.........

Macwoman

jbmcilrath@comcast.net

• 2 weeks later...

This is the reply I got from Carnival rep.:

"The slide has been closed because of a safety operational issue. They are planning to make some structural changes, but a reopen date has not been scheduled as yet."

Hmmm...

I am going March 12th and am very disappointed about this... ok ok... yes we are all adults too and also like the slide!!!!! Please be sure to confirm with us after your cruise if it was open or closed and what response you get onboard! THANKS and have a great cruise!

I was on the Pride Jan 1 sailing. When I asked at the the purser's desk, all I got was "the slide is closed indefinitely," no reason why or any further comment. However, later in the week I was talking to one of the AB seamen. Off the record, he said it was closed because they'd had problems with this design of slide, people getting to the end, going too fast and getting hurt. For those of you who haven't seen it, The Pride's slide doesn't end in a pool, but just a straight level section of pipe. He further said that the slide probably wouldn't be fixed until they went in to dry dock, as they would need major work to change it.

Ron

p.s I will be posting pictures from my sailing and the weeks Capers this weekend.

poop, poop, poop, but you can't shoot the messenger right :) Hehehehe, just bumbed that it's out of order but glad if they really were having problems with it, no need having injuries on vacation out in the middle of the pacific (ok, maybe not the middle..hehe)

Archived