How does NCL's Choice Phone Call Credit work?

farjar

We will be sailing soon and with the "distinctive voyages" offer we are entitled to 120 minutes of phone calls. Are there phones in the internet café or elsewhere we use? Can we call from out at sea or do we have to be in port? I would like to tell my family at home when they might expect to hear from us. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

We will be sailing soon and with the "distinctive voyages" offer we are entitled to 120 minutes of phone calls. Are there phones in the internet café or elsewhere we use? Can we call from out at sea or do we have to be in port? I would like to tell my family at home when they might expect to hear from us. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

"Offer only valid on calls made from ship to shore on the fixed phone located in the booked guest's stateroom and not from the guest's wireless devices"

Its a fairly new perk being offered so not much info on it.

I'm guessing they just credit your folio account for the number of minutes as you use them.You can use the telephone wether you are in port or at sea.

Edited by Georgie562

Pick up your phone in your room and follow the directions to call home.

120 Minute Phone Call Package

120 minute phone calls will be applied to the first guest in the stateroom. All guests in the stateroom will be able to utilize this offer.

Offer only valid on calls made from ship to shore on the fixed phone located in the booked guest's stateroom and not from the guest's wireless devices.

Subject to satellite availability onboard.

250 Minutes Internet Package

250 minute will be applied to the first guest in the stateroom.

Internet package is per stateroom. One login per stateroom.

Internet package is not available at Harvest Caye.

On Breakaway, stateroom receives an internet package of 250 minutes or 1000 MB of data.

Internet package includes activation fee.

$50 USD Per Port Shore Excursion Credit

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

$200 USD Air Credit

$200 air credit valid for round trip airfare for guests 1 & 2 only. 3-8th guests pay prevailing rates.

$100 air credit valid for one way airfare for guests 1 & 2 only. 3-8th guests pay prevailing rates.

Air credit will automatically be applied when air is booked through Norwegian Cruise Line.

Air routing, scheduling and carrier are at the discretion of Norwegian Cruise Line.

Air subject to availability.

$100 USD Hotel Credit

Hotel credit is per stateroom.

Hotel credit will automatically be applied when hotel is booked through Norwegian Cruise Line.

Hotel credit is not applicable to bundles or cruisetours.

Credit can only be used on Pre or Post hotel, but not both. Maximum credit of $100 USD per stateroom.

Hotel subject to availability.

You dial a toll free number, you are then asked to enter your eight digit number assigned to you, It tells you how many minutes you have on your card. It was a great perk, as I was able to call home daily.

Is this 8 digit number already waiting for you at your cabin or do you have to retrieve it from guest services?

Is this 8 digit number already waiting for you at your cabin or do you have to retrieve it from guest services?

Just used this last week. You get the code from either internet manager or guests services. Once it's activated on your account you can start using it right of way. Phone calls can only be made from your cabin. I was able to call states and canada.

Phone calls can only be made from your cabin.

I never thought to try using the handheld suite phone to make outgoing calls with this package from somewhere else on the ship. I don't see why it wouldn't work - but maybe someone can try & report back. I don't have the Distinctive Voyages package until my Thanksgiving cruise. But if it works, that would allow suite guests to make free calls from anywhere on the ship.

My family has caller ID and I was calling from my cabin and the caller ID was showing a call coming in from New Jersey. They almost didn't answer my call. Great perk to have. Works just like a calling card.

Do you know if the number that shows up on the recipient's caller ID is the same one every time or does it change each time? For example, using Google Hangouts, the number changes each time. Thanks.

Do you know if the number that shows up on the recipient's caller ID is the same one every time or does it change each time? For example, using Google Hangouts, the number changes each time. Thanks.

Honestly I don't know if it showed the same number from New Jersey. I called family in Florida and in New York and they both said it came up with New Jersey. I remember reading on cc that someone said it came up with a Miami number but in my case it was New Jersey. We were on the Gem sailing to the Southern Caribbean.