TA Offers

cdn_tbird

I'm ready to pull the trigger on an MSC cruise, and don't have an issue booking direct and then transferring it to a TA. Unfortunately, my current favorite TA in Canada doesn't deal with MSC so I need to find an alternate and to be blunt, the extras that other TAs in Canada offer aren't worth the effort.

I know that we aren't allowed to ask for or recommend TAs, and I'm ok with that rule. What I'm hoping to learn is what kind of extras did you receive when you booked with your TA. Once I have an idea of the types of TA offers for an MSC cruise are out there, I'll know if it is worth my time to find a US based one.

TIA

I booked through TA only because MSC never showed any interior rooms available on the week I want to go and several online TA did show available cabins. All were the same price, one gave $25 OBC. Just sailed with them in March and booked directly. (On website) no TA could give me anything for transfering the reservation so I just kept it with them, hoping MSC would give me something and I did get $50 OBC but didn't know til I printed out my papers for boarding!

i'm ready to pull the trigger on an msc cruise, and don't have an issue booking direct and then transferring it to a ta. Unfortunately, my current favorite ta in canada doesn't deal with msc so i need to find an alternate and to be blunt, the extras that other tas in canada offer aren't worth the effort.

I know that we aren't allowed to ask for or recommend tas, and i'm ok with that rule. What i'm hoping to learn is what kind of extras did you receive when you booked with your ta. Once i have an idea of the types of ta offers for an msc cruise are out there, i'll know if it is worth my time to find a us based one.

Tia

obc

I booked my MSC June 2019 cruise with an online travel agency and it was $400 cheaper than the MSC website (or anywhere else...trust me i shopped around ) when I logged into my MSC account it showed my cruise with a $25 onboard credit and a free internet package which were both nice perks that the travel agency did not even have listed.

What travel agent or travel agency company did you use?

Thanks

I booked my MSC June 2019 cruise with an online travel agency and it was $400 cheaper than the MSC website (or anywhere else...trust me i shopped around ) when I logged into my MSC account it showed my cruise with a $25 onboard credit and a free internet package which were both nice perks that the travel agency did not even have listed.

That's a pretty sweet deal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I used travel agency associated with a rewards card I have with a major airline - I get a little extra in OBC but honestly I did it because if anything goes wrong I'd rather have them sort it out than deal with some of the nonsense I've read about here. Also, I can't get MSC's website to work well for me, so I just ask them because they'll stand by whatever answer they give me.

We have received various perks from our TA on different cruises, to include OBC, drink coupons (when they were available to purchase; I know the current Fantastica drink coupons are not a TA perk), and a group shore excursion (not through the cruise line).

Many North American travel agents seem to have little experience with MSC (or, like the OP's TA, don't work with MSC at all), which can limit the amount of help and advice they can offer. My suggestion for finding a TA for MSC cruises specifically is to look for (ie, google) one that markets specifically toward US or Canadian military families stationed in Europe. Lots of these families enjoy cruising vacations during their time overseas as a great way to see lots of interesting places with fewer Ryanair flights. (Can you tell I'm speaking from personal experience? ;) ) So these TAs, or at least the one I use, have a lot of experience working with MSC and know the ins and outs, and also know what might be different or unexpected to North American cruisers. Anyone can book through this agency (no military affiliation required), and they can book cruises anywhere in the world.

Happy cruising!

Edited by Pluto_fan

We have received various perks from our TA on different cruises, to include OBC, drink coupons (when they were available to purchase; I know the current Fantastica drink coupons are not a TA perk), and a group shore excursion (not through the cruise line).

Many North American travel agents seem to have little experience with MSC (or, like the OP's TA, don't work with MSC at all), which can limit the amount of help and advice they can offer. My suggestion for finding a TA for MSC cruises specifically is to look for (ie, google) one that markets specifically toward US or Canadian military families stationed in Europe. Lots of these families enjoy cruising vacations during their time overseas as a great way to see lots of interesting places with fewer Ryanair flights. (Can you tell I'm speaking from personal experience? ;) ) So these TAs, or at least the one I use, have a lot of experience working with MSC and know the ins and outs, and also know what might be different or unexpected to North American cruisers. Anyone can book through this agency (no military affiliation required), and they can book cruises anywhere in the world.

Happy cruising!

Boy it would be nice to have a TA like yours. :DThe one TA that I did reach out to here in Canada was absolutely useless. I provided them with a ton of information including our Voyager Club Numbers and all I got back was basically a form letter with the list price for two cabins, didn't even bother pricing in the 5% discount. If only there was a way to connect in my sig;p

Boy it would be nice to have a TA like yours. :DThe one TA that I did reach out to here in Canada was absolutely useless. I provided them with a ton of information including our Voyager Club Numbers and all I got back was basically a form letter with the list price for two cabins, didn't even bother pricing in the 5% discount. If only there was a way to connect in my sig;p

Happy cruising, cdn_tbird! :D

Happy cruising, cdn_tbird! :D

Same to you Pluto_fan! Hope you post a review of the Magnifica as that is the ship we'll be booking.

On a different note, it's interesting to see how many online TAs seem to have used the same web-site designer. :D

Agree with wahine56. That’s where I found mine. She just gave me $300 obc, free internet, and a GREAT price on a Royal Suite on Seaside next year. She and her husband own their own Agency and have several FB groups including one for MSC ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums