Dining Reservations

Pat

We have booked a Suite on Gem, we sail in two weeks and have the specialty dining promo. I have tried to make reservations in the specialty restaurants, but the ONLY time available in ANY restaurant is 9:00 p.m. This is way too late for me to eat. I remember a couple of years ago when I sailed in a suite before we boarded we were given a paper(by the concierge) to request specialty restaurant reservations. Does this still happen? Would I be able to book a preferred time then? One of the people in our cabin did not get a SDP and I am looking at buying her the dining package, but I'm not going to buy it if I can't eat in the specialty restaurants. Thanks for your help.

There will be plenty of availability when you board. They only release a proportion for booking online.

When you arrive you could speak to the concierge about the bookings you want, but personally, I’d just go and do it myself. As you are in a suite you will be able to board early so you should be ahead of the crowds anyway.

Just one other thing, as you mention one of the other people in your cabin, I assume there are more than two of you. If you have an odd number then booking for an even number may bring up more options. We are a group of 3, but often book tables of 4 to get a decent selection of times. You can adjust the number onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have booked a Suite on Gem, we sail in two weeks and have the specialty dining promo. I have tried to make reservations in the specialty restaurants, but the ONLY time available in ANY restaurant is 9:00 p.m. This is way too late for me to eat. I remember a couple of years ago when I sailed in a suite before we boarded we were given a paper(by the concierge) to request specialty restaurant reservations. Does this still happen? Would I be able to book a preferred time then? One of the people in our cabin did not get a SDP and I am looking at buying her the dining package, but I'm not going to buy it if I can't eat in the specialty restaurants. Thanks for your help.

You waited too long to book and the times are sold out. Once onboard, the concierge will make any bookings at any time you want on embarkation day. The only restaurant which is limited is Teppanyaki, book as soon as you board.

We are a group of 3, but often book tables of 4 to get a decent selection of times. You can adjust the number onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've adjusted down before. booked 4; showed up with 2. (got the in laws to take the kids to the Manhattan room while we dined specialty) Does anyone know if you can make a reservation for 4 and add a 5th person when you show up? My brother is traveling solo on our Alaska cruise and the Times are better to book 4 rather than 5 or 6.