J cancellation for April 16th 5 Day Valor cruise

flyguy91

Help! Something just came up and I’m unable to go on this cruise on Monday out of Galveston. Is there any way I can get some or all of my cruise refunded either to my card or as a Carnival credit, or can I sell it to someone else?

Sorry if this isn’t the proper place to post this, I’m a bit frantic at the moment.

Thank you for any help!

Help! Something just came up and I’m unable to go on this cruise on Monday out of Galveston. Is there any way I can get some or all of my cruise refunded either to my card or as a Carnival credit, or can I sell it to someone else?

Sorry if this isn’t the proper place to post this, I’m a bit frantic at the moment.

Thank you for any help!

Only if you bought the insurance and the reason you can't go is a covered reason.

Unfortunately you can't sell it either.

Bill

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

You will get back an port taxes, fees etc. when you cancel (which will be a couple hundred dollars) as well as an prepaid excursions, cheers, bottomless bubbles, gratuities, etc. if you cancel right now. However, your base cruise fare is non-refundable/no credit at this point unless you have insurance and it covers why you are canceling.

These refunds will go back to the original form of payment (your credit card), or if you paid with Carnival Gift Cards, they will mail you a replacement card for the refund amount due.

Sorry to hear about your predicament.

We had a group cruise in February where one our friends became ill just a couple days before the cruise and he decided not to go.

If I were you I’d try to sell it to someone cheap. If you find a buyer, call the customer line to add them to the booking and pay the name change fee. This way you’ll recover a little money on the cruise fare.

Otherwise call and cancel before departure to recover the ancillary fees.

Only way you could 'technically' sell it, would be to add a potential buyer to the booking by paying the $50 name change fee. Then they could show up, you obviously don't, and all is good.

One person from the original

booking must be on the cruise.

We had to cancel last minute on a cruise. My PVP sent me a form and told me to submit it to Carnival customer service. They refunded me the full amount in future credit which of course we were thrilled. We did not have insurance so, we were very thankful to our PVP and Carnival.

Tim